Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vibration Shifting Sometimes

deedee

Hiya

I have a mk1 gs300 sport 97... If i am driving along and pull the shifter from d to 2 or 1 for engine braking i get a fairly big viberation and a tiny noise... Likewise if i come to a stop and put it in to Reverse and i also get the same vibration... It doesnt happen everytime but quite alot... I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard or had the same problem and would know what it is or what to check...

With Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

HIya

The dipstick on for the gearbox oil is strange so i checked it again... On mine it says HOT and COOL point is when i checked it and it had not be started for a few days the oil was just under the top nic for HOT... If this make since to you what does that mean... I thought it should be down the bottom at the top nic of the COOL...

Oh yea there is no noise when i rocked it back and forth... Any other suggestions...

With Thanks

• 3 years later...
HIya

The dipstick on for the gearbox oil is strange so i checked it again... On mine it says HOT and COOL point is when i checked it and it had not be started for a few days the oil was just under the top nic for HOT... If this make since to you what does that mean... I thought it should be down the bottom at the top nic of the COOL...

Oh yea there is no noise when i rocked it back and forth... Any other suggestions...

With Thanks

Hello,

I have the same problem wth my 1994 GS300, I have'nt solve the problem as yet and I notice that the posting was in 2004. Can you please say if you solve the issue and if so, what was the cause. Thanks in advance as I look forward t your response.