Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance for LS430 at 18yrs old?

7 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Anyone know any abandoned airfields

strange you should say that .............  when i was learning about 50+ years ago, my very first time out in a car was on an airfield somewhere in Essex laid out for the purpose of ' first timers ' learning to drive

Maybe this sort of thing still exists somewhere ?

Malc

10 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Ha ha, i'll just drop him a message on Facebook then 😂😂 

Yes, I can certainly understand where the insurers are coming from, it's a shame that lots of young drivers abuse the roads and spoil it for people who just want to experience such a beautiful car. I would just love to get in it, plug in my favourite tracks, hit the motorway, set cruise control and just relax. Unfortunately I don't know any race tracks or anything that I could go to.

Anyone know any abandoned airfields in/around Oxfordshire area? Or on the other hand does anyone on here have a really big garden? 

Maybe you could get someone to take you to Longleat and quickly swap places, you can be sure no one will stop you as you drive round.... make it quick, very quick!!🦁🦁😵

You can imagine how I felt at age 49 (driving for over 30 years, maximum no claims) when I wanted to insure my 1st Porsche and the question was: have you driven one before? No?  Then we can't insure you!  😭  Eventually I did find someone.  So don't feel too bad! 

9 hours ago, Malc said:

strange you should say that .............  when i was learning about 50+ years ago, my very first time out in a car was on an airfield somewhere in Essex laid out for the purpose of ' first timers ' learning to drive

Maybe this sort of thing still exists somewhere ?

Malc

Perhaps. I will have to do some more searching but in my opinion driving on a runway isn't as nice as driving calmly on real roads especially heading out to a motorway or nice bit of the A34. 

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Maybe you could get someone to take you to Longleat and quickly swap places, you can be sure no one will stop you as you drive round.... make it quick, very quick!!🦁🦁😵

The current Marquess of Bath looks a bit scary so perhaps i'll pass. Would rather talk to a nice Adrian Flux rep than this guy! 

image.png

15 minutes ago, GEN said:

You can imagine how I felt at age 49 (driving for over 30 years, maximum no claims) when I wanted to insure my 1st Porsche and the question was: have you driven one before? No?  Then we can't insure you!  😭  Eventually I did find someone.  So don't feel too bad! 

Wow ha ha! How did they expect that to work? Surely you have to start somewhere with one Porsche in the first place. Insurers, eh?

Glad you found someone in the end, gives me hope😀Adrian Flux is my last chance I think.

Alex    

check on the Govt Rules for self insuring  ?

It used to be that with surplus capital of £50k one could self insure, or at least maybe get that underwritten at Lloyds  ( not the bank )  ............ check with a broker maybe

that's if you or your parents etc have the odd £50k lying around

Malc

14 minutes ago, Malc said:

check on the Govt Rules for self insuring  ?

It used to be that with surplus capital of £50k one could self insure, or at least maybe get that underwritten at Lloyds  ( not the bank )  ............ check with a broker maybe

that's if you or your parents etc have the odd £50k lying around

Malc

Bit more than £50k needed ...

"The rules regarding insurance do not apply to a vehicle owned by a person who has deposited and keeps deposited with the Accountant General of the Senior Courts the sum of £500,000, at a time when the vehicle is being driven under the owner’s control."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/144

Unfortunately no matter how drunk I get my dad, a spare 50k isn't an option let alone 500. Unfortunately Flux can't add me as a second driver and am still waiting to hear about just a day instead. Thanks though guys for the suggestions.  

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Bit more than £50k needed ...

"The rules regarding insurance do not apply to a vehicle owned by a person who has deposited and keeps deposited with the Accountant General of the Senior Courts the sum of £500,000, at a time when the vehicle is being driven under the owner’s control."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/144

Thank you for this information!  Unfortunately £500,000 more than I can afford 😂

4 minutes ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Unfortunately no matter how drunk I get my dad, a spare 50k isn't an option let alone 500. Unfortunately Flux can't add me as a second driver and am still waiting to hear about just a day instead. Thanks though guys for the suggestions.  

Why not write to HJ at  https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/  and ask his advice Alexander ?

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Why not write to HJ at  https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/  and ask his advice Alexander ?

That's an idea John! Had forgotten all about good old HJ. Thank you for suggesting will try it tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links