Davidj17

NX Hybrid engine.

Hi, can anyone advise....Interested to know how the hybrid engine on the NX compares with fuel economy and performance compared with diesel engines the same size as the 2.5 litre petrol, official figures vary around 42mpg, and with government legislation proposing a ban on diesel engines by 2040, (Which i doubt will happen) makes the hybrid engine an attactive choice, and good for the environment with low emissions must be a positive way forward for the future of car engines...... 

Based on the new economy measurement system (WLTP), the NX is rated at 35 to 40 combined mpg - depending on the grade. These figures seem to be accurate to what owners achieve.

A diesel will have better economy at higher speed (e.g. motorway) and the hybrid the opposite.

With all hybrids the weather and style of driving can affect the economy dramatically. With my RX450 at this time of year I am averaging tankful to tankful just over 30mpg. That includes a lot of motorway and cross country driving. In the summer more like 35mpg.If you view Lexus hybrid driving technique video on YouTube you will learn a lot. 

My 2015 GS300h was fabulous on fuel. A trip from Gloucester to London last April recorded 52mpg. An NX driven sensibly ought to achieve mid 30s. 

Hi David. There's a long thread on fuel economy here.

Over 35K, mine is averaging around 41 mpg. I would be surprised if many diesel X3/Q5/GLC owners are getting more than this in mixed driving.