Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus RC F Track Edition 2020

11 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

https://youtu.be/TBZ8RZ3rc-A

think I may fall for this car....any talk of price yet?

Not heard but my guess would be at least +10k over the normal one. Not sure how long it will take to drop to 30k like you are waiting for on carbon models. By the time it does...... there will be another car you like better anyway 😁

33 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Not heard but my guess would be at least +10k over the normal one. Not sure how long it will take to drop to 30k like you are waiting for on carbon models. By the time it does...... there will be another car you like better anyway 😁

Haha! 35k to be fair 😘

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812053009690?advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2009&maximum-mileage=30000&price-to=45000&postcode=cm29pa&model=RC F&page=1&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used

18 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Sorry - 35 my bad! Blue CF very rare - get it bought. Amazingly low mileage. 

Sadly I still need to buy a house! Once that’s bought I will be getting an rcf 👍

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Sure..... 

_20190116_145850.thumb.JPG.be0a26ebf16417c0066ea43c9b5ed9b8.JPG

Go minimalist, less is more.... 😉

That was easy! I’ll send my bank details. Minimalist is sadly not on the wife’s shopping list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/14/2019 at 11:19 AM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Apparently....

-472 hp 
-395 ft. lbs. of torque, 
-176 lbs lighter
-19” BBS forged wheels
-Brembo carbon ceramic brakes
-functional carbon body parts incl. rear wing
-0-60 in 3.9 seconds 
-only available in matte Ultra White or matte Nebula Grey with red interior

That might be a titanium exhaust too. If not it will still be different and a contributor to the weight saving. 

I like the idea of the BBS alloys, and having a slightly more trick parts catalogue to raid. 

I think the cost estimates are optimistic - my guess is that Lexus will peg this at the equivalent price differential of a NISMO GTR vs a standard GTR. 

Well I'm waiting for someone like Chris Harris to test the car on track before saying anything. Lexus will have had to have done something really clever or even used black magic to get it to perform like or even better than its rivals from BMW and AMG.

There are obviously potential customers out there who want a track focused car at the cost of a bit of comfort and good luck to them. Unless this car does better than its competitors I can't see who would buy one as the other two are a proven formula.

From my point of view I have long held the belief that there are road cars and there are track cars. Road cars can do long journeys in comfort and are also fun along A roads when the rare opportunity arrises. Track cars have stiff suspension, sticky tyres etc etc. 

If I were wanting to do both and liked the RCF and was seriously considering one I am of the opinion that for the price of this car new you could buy a secondhand RCF and with the change buy a bloody good track day car.

My logic is that when I first started doing track days at the dawn of time I came off on many occasions, now if you have a £20-30K track day car okay you live with it. Do it in a £70K+ car you're likely to break down and cry.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

That might be a titanium exhaust too. If not it will still be different and a contributor to the weight saving. 

I like the idea of the BBS alloys, and having a slightly more trick parts catalogue to raid. 

I think the cost estimates are optimistic - my guess is that Lexus will peg this at the equivalent price differential of a NISMO GTR vs a standard GTR. 

Std car has forged BBS - what they mean is a new style.

Exhaust is stainless with treated tips to give that effect. It will have an EU6 particle filter in it for UK anyway. 

Ref raiding parts catalogue - rear diffuser will be my first enquiry once it's UK launched and the dealer has the info.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Actually I have to eat some humble pie. Looks great in this video (rather than pictures) skip to 12:20 (except the wing which is gash)

But it still looks a bit too high and needs lowering at least 25mm more if practical. So hopefully the tyres will be available to all.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, Ashrez said:

The new Lexus RC F Track Edition has been unveiled and it looks pretty aggressive. Improvements to suspension tuning, engine power output, torque, aero, transmission drive ratio and reduction to weight has been worked on the car.

Seems most of those changes (engine tweaks, final drive ratio, suspension) will come to the standard RC F too.

The RC F TE gets weight saving, aero, and interior trim changes over the standard model.

Re: retrofitting bits

I wonder if Lexus will keep tight control of the special components, like BMW did when they launched the E46 M3 CSL. I don’t think they were too keen on owners of normal M3s “making” a CSL with the parts catalog...

9 hours ago, mrfunex said:

Re: retrofitting bits

I wonder if Lexus will keep tight control of the special components, like BMW did when they launched the E46 M3 CSL. I don’t think they were too keen on owners of normal M3s “making” a CSL with the parts catalog...

I'm guessing those parts will be expensive, and I can't think of anyone daft or rich enough to buy a set of Carbon Ceramics but I guess some of the other bits might appeal. From the released spec the only thing that got my attention were the specially developed Michelin PS4S tyres so when it comes to replacement time they may be worth looking into.

Plus the older cars develop more BHP so I'm guessing an ECU swop wouldn't do anything to help either.

22 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I'm guessing those parts will be expensive, and I can't think of anyone daft or rich enough to buy a set of Carbon Ceramics but I guess some of the other bits might appeal. From the released spec the only thing that got my attention were the specially developed Michelin PS4S tyres so when it comes to replacement time they may be worth looking into.

Plus the older cars develop more BHP so I'm guessing an ECU swop wouldn't do anything to help either.

I'd have a look at rear diffuser but doubt the tyres will be radically different to the stock ps4s - not enough for road use anyway.

I believe it's only the exhaust restriction that reduces power on EU cars. Even if the ECU was swappable the gain would not be worth the cost.

The best mod for me is the drive ratio adjusted for acceleration but curious how much effect that has on MPG.

8 hours ago, Comedian said:

I'd have a look at rear diffuser but doubt the tyres will be radically different to the stock ps4s - not enough for road use anyway.

I believe it's only the exhaust restriction that reduces power on EU cars. Even if the ECU was swappable the gain would not be worth the cost.

The best mod for me is the drive ratio adjusted for acceleration but curious how much effect that has on MPG.

Looks like supercharging is the only way for more power then.

I have sent an enquiry to the USA based owners on Facebook who supercharge their cars more than us in the UK if there have been any issues with the TVD on a supercharged car. The answer was a comprehensive no so that's a bonus.