Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The LC F speculation thread

I thought I'd just start this as a not too serious thread about what we might expect from the proposed F version of the LC.

I've just done some power to weight figures of the RCF and the LC as it stands at the moment.

The RCF has a power to weight ratio of 255 BHP per tonne

The current LC has a figure of 233 BHP per tonne

If the LC F gets 600 BHP at the current weight will have 297 BHP per tonne

If they can shave the weight down to say 1845 KG like the current RCF it will have an interesting 325 BHP per tonne.

That will be interesting because my last track day car a VX 220 turbo with quite a few tuning mods was 320 BHP per tonne and that was very lively on track.

Of course this is all wild speculation at the moment because I'm not aware of any actual figures being released any one have any more thoughts on the subject?

I only hope they don't go down the turbo path. A supercharged engine sounds far better and has a far better throttle response particularly when your balancing the car on the throttle..

Plus going turbo, follows exactly what the Germans are doing, so the engine no longer differentiates lexus. So why not buy German then ?

Plus even with their trick exhaust valves etc they sound crap.
Compare a V8 m3 to the turbocharged version, Audi RS4 V8 verses the turbo V6.
Merc C63 V8 against the turbo V8.
M5 V10 Vs M5 V8 turbo....

All sound poor compared to their predecessors.

Then there is the new Electric turbos...

Something else to go wrong.

I can see Lexus's hard earned reliability record dropping down the JD power rankings to where the Germans are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Turbos or superchargers ?

Ford released this earlier today... The new Shelby gt500

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=835849120083997&id=20901384568

Still want turbos ???

That sounds nearly as good as the LFA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaunomercy said:

I only hope they don't go down the turbo path. A supercharged engine sounds far better and has a far better throttle response particularly when your balancing the car on the throttle..

Plus going turbo, follows exactly what the Germans are doing, so the engine no longer differentiates lexus. So why not buy German then ?

Plus even with their trick exhaust valves etc they sound crap.
Compare a V8 m3 to the turbocharged version, Audi RS4 V8 verses the turbo V6.
Merc C63 V8 against the turbo V8.
M5 V10 Vs M5 V8 turbo....

All sound poor compared to their predecessors.

Then there is the new Electric turbos...

Something else to go wrong.

I can see Lexus's hard earned reliability record dropping down the JD power rankings to where the Germans are.

That's a good point as quite a few USA based RCF owners have supercharged their cars, plus the sound of the supercharger and a decent exhaust (Mercedes SLS for example) sound truly wonderful.

Although the AMG SL 63 when it went from the V8 N/A the the twin turbo engine didn't sound any different so it can be done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links