Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some nice Soarers for sale.

Chris Skelton

4 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

This

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283338668593?ul_noapp=true

if you're REALLY serious!

Plus there're a couple more on eBay currently.

I'm wondering about a V8/auto one -if there are any good ones left...

For cruising, NOT drifting!

I saw one locally just recently, very nice actually.

Funny how ones views on cars grows. Was never that keen on the Soarer looks, when i had my LS, but it certainly has 'grown on me'.

Doesn't hurt to have that lovely V8!

But I'm probably looking for that 'hen's teeth' one, kept in heated garage in Japan and done under 100K kilometres!

Not interested in turbo stuff, just comfort and ease.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

Funny how ones views on cars grows. Was never that keen on the Soarer looks, when i had my LS, but it certainly has 'grown on me'.

Doesn't hurt to have that lovely V8!

But I'm probably looking for that 'hen's teeth' one, kept in heated garage in Japan and done under 100K kilometres!

Not interested in turbo stuff, just comfort and ease.

You may be able to source a Japanese import!

The V8 Soarer was every bit as good as the LS400 but very few people in the UK were aware of it. If you could find a good one with lowish mileage, good suspension and renew all of the serviceable parts, all of the bushes, etc. That would be a very nice car indeed. It was way ahead of its time, it's just so old now, finding a good one is the challenge..

And don't dismiss the 2.5 GTT as a temperamental, brutish turbo. Far from it. The 1JZ is a strong, reliable, powerful but silky smooth engine. I owned them both at the same time, amazing cult cars. The Soarer was the LC500 of its day.. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neil E said:

The V8 Soarer was every bit as good as the LS400 but very few people in the UK were aware of it. If you could find a good one with lowish mileage, good suspension and renew all of the serviceable parts, all of the bushes, etc. That would be a very nice car indeed. It was way ahead of its time, it's just so old now, finding a good one is the challenge..

And don't dismiss the 2.5 GTT as a temperamental, brutish turbo. Far from it. The 1JZ is a strong, reliable, powerful but silky smooth engine. I owned them both at the same time, amazing cult cars. The Soarer was the LC500 of its day.. 

I knew you'd appear here, Neil. Well aware of your fondness for these!

Agree totally about the age thing. As an aged person myself, I just need comfort and a smooth ride. Not the 600+ HP on the £18K one....oh, yes, and Autobox please!

Do hens have teeth?  Last night, watched Edd China putting all new Poly bushes etc., on an Alfasud. That sort of stuff please

Or-all those posts on your SC430, Neil!

written while playing George Harrison "What is life ?" (without you by my side)

Am I missing my wife who's been in NZ for 18 days-another 18 to go? YES!

I tried poly-bushes on the V8 but went back to Toyota originals as they just didn't last.The V8 Soarer is the most sure-footed car I've been in at very high speed and the auto was a joy. The hifi was similar to the LS400, some of them even had Nak head units.

As for the Soarer in the add, it's not worth that much until you compare it to a Supra and I suspect it's a bit of a handful to drive. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 10:31 AM, rock on said:

This has recently popped up on Instagram just short of £17,0002b21d2407ed461f20d012c89b56a95a7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

'Instagram'??!!! Now you ARE making me feel old! The days of gettting 'Trade-it' whilst in the Suprmarket.......

If you ever see a nice low mile 4 litre (un modded!!) anywhere......let me know.

I've given up on big cars but......there might be one more left in my life!

'Instagram'??!!! Now you ARE making me feel old! The days of gettting 'Trade-it' whilst in the Suprmarket.......
If you ever see a nice low mile 4 litre (un modded!!) anywhere......let me know.
I've given up on big cars but......there might be one more left in my life!
Do you mean just in this country or worldwide??

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Never been a fan . But as i get older im changing my mind.I may look into one of .Depending how much i like my newly to be imported toyota crown  1jz