Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

heated steering wheel

bvhout

Hi

Is it correct that my steering wheel isn't heated all round and that there are some cold patches? I had a jaguar XK with this option and the whole wheel got warm. Much nicer. The steering wheel that is. 

Ben

Mine seems to heat up pretty much all round. There are a couple of dead spots but the 10 to 2 position or thereabouts is certainly heated.

The worst example is on the RX Premier models with wood rim steering wheels. Only the upholstered bits (20% of rim) heat up. Mind you, wood rim wheels are not my cup of tea anyway.

To be honest i have always thought that a heated steering wheel was a bit of a gimmick, this is the first car i have ever had with it, and i must admit i quite like it, in fact when i drive my runaround car I actually miss it. I don't no which heat setting comes on low or high , I just use the concierge setting and would say the complete  wheel get quite warm there may be two slightly cooler sections around the quarter two and quarter past area.

You are right about the auto concierge. I just leave it to the car to switch on and off and it seems to work pretty well.

I never had a heated steering wheel until I got a 4RX about 3 years ago. Previously, for about 20 years, I had auxiliary parked car heating on both BMW X5s and Range Rovers which, IMO, is by far the best as it heats the whole interior and also defrosts the windows. Why Lexus don't fit (or option) this is a mystery to me. They even deleted the electrically heated front screen on the IS250 when the IS300h came out.