Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS300h Owner

Hi all,

This Sunday just gone I took a 500 mile round trip to Liverpool from Kent to view the F Sport attached in the photos. The road test was awesome and it has ML which totally blew me away when I cranked it up. I love the Fuji red and the options it has are bang on. I have been looking for the right package within my budget for about 9 months!!

Of course it was a no brainer and I duly put a deposit on it and I will get the train back up to collect it on Saturday week.

To say I am quite excited is an understatement, there are a few little cosmetic bits that will be done before collection as part of the deal. The sales guy, Richard, was great to deal with, no pressure sales and pretty much left me and the missus to it as we went over the car. He did say the previous owner was quite active on here. Not sure what his name is as I didn't take notice on the log book but the car was from the the Birmingham/Coventry area and Brighton prior to that from new.

I was the proud owner of a mint 2001 IS200 that I had for almost 12 years but that finally threw in the towel Christmas 2017 with almost a quarter of a million miles on the clock with only a clutch being the most major thing replaced in the time I had it. The engine finally developed a fault which became too expensive to sort so it went to the great scrap yard in the sky..... sad times!!

Fast forward to January 2019 and now I have the 300h as I am so so pleased with the reliabiity of the Lexus brand and I am looking forward to many miles of fun.

I'm sure I will be lurking around on here as, no doubt, there will be questions I will have.

Thanks for having me!! 😃

Cheers, Lee

20190113_153754.jpg

20190115_212941.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Lee and welcome. Great colour! Look forward to your write-up after you pick up the car 😀. In the meantime, enjoy the suspense, impatience, and excitement of the wait to get behind that wheel ... happy times!!

Thanks for the reply guys. I am really looking forward to that first drive home. I've brought the collection day forward to Friday week now so I can have the Saturday and the Sunday getting it all just how I want it. I'll keep you posted on my experience of that first journey back from Liverpool 😊😊

• 2 weeks later...

Well... 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Literally just walked in the door from picking the IS up today. Entertaining train journey up from Euston with a stag party (the stag dressed as a fairy) and a girls birthday party on the carriage. It was starting to look a bit messy by the time the train pulled into Liverpool Lime Street lol.

I got picked up at the station by the sales guy, which was nice... top bloke! I can't praise him enough for going above and beyond every step of the way.

A final inspection of the car, paperwork and, of course, paying the balance.... and off I went for the journey home..... what an amazing drive that car is... solid, responsive. even aggressive in sport mode and I felt the absolute dog danglies behind the wheel. I set the phone up to call the missus to tell her I was on my way back but , slightly more importantly (😉), plugged in my iPod and tweaked that ML and had that cranked on the trip back, it sounds fantastic. So far there is nothing that I find irritating or odd.... it's all I expected and so so much more from a Lexus and the admiring looks from people on the motorway just made it all the more worth while.... amazing happy times ahead! 😊

Cheers, Lee

• Like 2

hi lee

richard as a person is really nice guy , i dealt with him when he worked at lexus chester

he had a lucky escape and ended up in the liverpool dealership, lexus liverpool are the best

everyone there is so friendly and welcoming, last year i bought my IS300h F sport from liverpool.

this is my 2nd car from this dealership since 2013.

enjoy your new car

• Like 1

Glad the car’s everything you were hoping for Lee; that new-car-day feeling is pretty damn hard to beat. You don’t have to say, but I’m sure you took the long way home! 

That was a decent ride back to get the feel of it. I had a 90 mile journey home when we picked our IS300h up, the long way on the sat nav.... great drive.

Seems a bit silly, but next morning I couldn’t help but gawp out the window at our new wheels. My wife asked what I was doing and I just said admiring our new styling wheels. 😂. “You’re daft” she said, but then also had a peek too and said “Yes it is rather posh isn’t it”😂

i never get tired of looking at it or driving it, it’s a magic car 👍

• Like 1

My missus really isn't into the whole car thing. She doesn't even drive.... she doesn't really like speed,  I can smell her fear when I take her out in the hot rod for a blast.... but, she does appreciate a nice luxury car and I know that, deep down, she will love the IS and feel the bees knees being chauffeured around in it. To be fair, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have it, we've both saved hard to get exactly the right car.... if I was a single man I know I'd be riding a stolen push bike and spunking my cash on crack whores and coke!!! Hahaha! 

She does have to put up with a lot with me being a total petrol head..... gawd bless her 😍

• Haha 2