Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Express luke warm about the ES

Mike246

3 hours ago, Mike246 said:

An interesting point to note (and I must honestly confess that I have just noticed) that the UK version is hybrid only.

The US versions are both petrol and hybrid. The former is a 3.5 V6 with 302 bhp and the latter is a 2.5 in-line with 215 bhp. 

That is true for almost all Lexus models in UK... Lexus simply does not offer 350 in UK.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:51 AM, Zotto said:

Considering price, in luxury brands Lexus is better than competitors with similar specs and options....

Well... no! Considering the price Lexus 4s slower to 60 for same price and it is FWD (which inherently less valuable). I know Lexus quality and reliability is better - that is true... but even options point can be argued. It is not like BMWs are much worse equipped.

13 hours ago, Linas.P said:

That is true for almost all Lexus models in UK... Lexus simply does not offer 350 in UK.

Well... no! Considering the price Lexus 4s slower to 60 for same price and it is FWD (which inherently less valuable). I know Lexus quality and reliability is better - that is true... but even options point can be argued. It is not like BMWs are much worse equipped.

German != BMW

Audi? Or do they not count because they are FWD?

2 minutes ago, route66 said:

German != BMW

All FWD Audis are total crap and an insult to me. Not that i have ever driven a 2019 model A4 or A 6 but that doesnt matter as i also never drove an ES but that doesnt matter either as it is a crap car and dangerous by the way. And too expensive. And too slow. You want some advice on great wines i can tell you all about it, i never tasted them but that doesnt matter!

5 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

All FWD Audis are total crap and an insult to me. Not that i have ever driven a 2019 model A4 or A 6 but that doesnt matter as i also never drove an ES but that doesnt matter either as it is a crap car and dangerous by the way. And too expensive. And too slow. You want some advice on great wines i can tell you all about it, i never tasted them but that doesnt matter!

Agreed! 😉

1 hour ago, Zotto said:

Try configuring a German car with all options you find in a Premier Lexus and will find  many thousands £ of difference.

Agree, by the time you choose "Takumi" ES it probably becomes better value for money than BMW with same equipment. But looking at base price of ~£35,000 you would get pretty much the same thing if not a little bit better in BMW.

2 hours ago, route66 said:

German != BMW

Yes - I hate Audi. I literally do not count them... I am not saying that is right, actually that is probably wrong, but standard Audi A4 or A6 with FWD I do not consider luxury car - just VW with different badge. That said - you can always get almost any Audi in AWD or to be specific Quattro and Quattro is almost best all-wheel drive system in the market. So it becomes matter of choice by that time.... with Lexus there are no choice - "hello sir - here is your sluggish 300h".

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links