Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well,

I replaced the EGR valve with an aftermarket one.  Its brand new.  This was done Wed evening.  I have been driving about and last night after work i was standing in traffic and revved the engine hard.  It smoked like you wouldnt believe.  In anycase after that it seems to have sorted itself out and theres not much smoke.

The issue im having is that it now judders and the revs dont stay at one level for example when im standing in traffic.  The power has come back tho.  

Is it that the EGR could be faulty? Is it that its an aftermarket...or is it that the car is simply adjusting to the new valve?  Not really sure what to do.

aye it was knackered.  I had it cleaned.  It was completely clogged!  It lasted a few months and back to its normal self.  In its defunct form, i had no power until i hit 2k rpm.  The new EGR valve defo cured that.  

Gonna have a look at getting a warranty on the current EGR and getting a proper one.