Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

for all you Mk3 owners out there

Dead Battery on collection of car from Treadmark Tyres yesterday .................  it's been very very cold and the old Battery is April 2012

Saw they sell batteries so I asked them for their advice. Don't have one in stock BUT they can call their supplier

Oh dear, there are 5 options it seems and the likely one was going to cost £155 and to await delivery sometime soon !

They jump started the car and i drove the half mile to Toyota where i had bought the last Battery.

Very helpful and luckily they had one in stock to fit . It's a really odd size to fit the set-up in the Mk3  ( as I said in 2012 )                specific to the hole in the Mk3

AND waving my walking stick at 4.40pm asked if they had anyone who could please fit it for me.

Having asked where the car was ( outside in their car park with engine running ...........  just in case ) and if I had any passengers with me ( none ) the happy manager asked one of the guys to get the car, drop it round to the workshop and within 30 mins I was on my way :yahoo:

What a bit of luck eh !

he advised that the original could have been a Yosuda ? Battery which had  lasted some 17 years but today would cost £300 if available

they gave me a 30% discount and i paid a total of £72.72 ....... WOT a BRILLIANT result

5 STARS to Toyota Canterbury ..........  the very best place to get your Mk3 replacement Battery

Malc

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

if that's the proper one at 700 CCA then that looks a brilliant price .........  if it fits the Mk3  and original OEM spec...............  I know my Mk1 and Mk2 were def NOT the same as the Mk3 fitting however

When I changed my Battery first time around in April 2012 I believe it was the original ..............  Bluesman on here the same i think !

Malc

• Like 1

My 7 year old Yuasa might have lasted longer if I hadn't left the car at the airport for two weeks with the security system triggered.

Do need be careful as to the right Battery as they sent me one with the terminals reversed originally. And as you say need to be certain of unusual fitment area.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links