Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Getting Start With My Engine...

MIK'82

Hi all, I'm a new user, Mik'82 from Italy. It's a year since I bought my IS200, and recently I've begun to think to make some modifications to the engine of my car.

What's the better way to begin to add hp to the engine? Rom? Exhaust?

I see that you are very expert, I would be pleased to have some hints... :hehe:

thanks alot

MIK'82

It all comes down to budget (unfortunatly)..

The first thing you'll probably want to do is replace the exhaust, and here is a handy guide.

After that, well, if you've got the money then the supercharger is the 'most efficient' increase (approx 215bhp with S/C), but it does cost 3 grand (GBP).

If that is out of your budget, then consider an induction kit, which is in the 300GBP range.

The combination of induction/exhaust wont significantly improve your bhp figures, but the engine will rev more freely, and the car will feel quicker.

The ECU I'd reccomend is the 'Piggy Back' which is explained in detail on TDi's website, this will help you get the most out of the above mods, and as they are configured to get the best from the car, this should be done after you have the 'planned' mods.

Other things you may want to consider are: 2.4litre stroker kit, lightened flywheel, Nitrous Oxide, removing pre-cats...

It all comes down to budget (unfortunatly)..

The first thing you'll probably want to do is replace the exhaust, and here is a handy guide.

After that, well, if you've got the money then the supercharger is the 'most efficient' increase (approx 215bhp with S/C), but it does cost 3 grand (GBP).

If that is out of your budget, then consider an induction kit, which is in the 300GBP range.

The combination of induction/exhaust wont significantly improve your bhp figures, but the engine will rev more freely, and the car will feel quicker.

The ECU I'd reccomend is the 'Piggy Back' which is explained in detail on TDi's website, this will help you get the most out of the above mods, and as they are configured to get the best from the car, this should be done after you have the 'planned' mods.

Other things you may want to consider are: 2.4litre stroker kit, lightened flywheel, Nitrous Oxide...

Hi, Anyone done the stroker kit and care to share his/her experience after the upgrade. Thank you.

Thanks to all, expecially Fidgits for the exhaust hint. Probably I'll start from a "silent" one, like a HKS SuperDrager. I don't like the "wwwwhooooooooo" on motorway travels...

Two years ago my car was a red Alfaromeo 147 ( http://www.part.cz/images/auto-moto/jv47_alfa147_t.jpg ), with a Ragazzon +5bhp exhaust. Tooooo noisy on motorway. Like someone that kiks your brain... unacceptable. :duh:

MIK'82

The Drager is not Silent. One of the reasons why these are no longer made, is because it didn't meet the Japanese noise levels.

The SilentHiper is silent :)

You could combine this exhaust with an IS200 intake.

I am now awaiting for the intakes to come in and will start a GB on these in approx. 1- 2 weeks.

:)

Ok, thanks. Where can I buy a HKS HiperSilent Exhaust? On eBay I can't find it...

Maybe you know an useful url...

An remember I'm Italian... so I need someone that ships in my country too. ;)

About the intake: are you setting up a group buy? For a IS200 intake air system? With flow too? Have you got an idea of the price? :)

MIK'82