Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2013 GS 450H NO RADIO SIGNAL

Hi again people so just trying to work out why I ain’t getting any radio signal. I have had the car a month and it has never worked since I have had it. I have tried searching for station in different locations but still no luck. It’s a bit annoying as I do like to listen to a bit of LBC and different music channels now and again. Could it be a case of changing the antenna??

Hi mate I got it from a trader but I knew this problem existed when I viewed it and just thought it would be a easy fix and I did get a discount for it even tho I did a trade. I have heard it’s a common problem  so hoping someone has resolved this themselves to offer some advice

Not wishing to be a pessimist, but a non functioning radio could be a downer. I would have thought if it w something simple the seller would have sorted it.

Is it the ML system? 

A trader I know sold a Mercedes with a Harmon Kardon system which failed after a couple of weeks and it cost him into the thousands at trade price to fix it. 

I think that the radio antenna's installed in Lexus cars are of the Amplified design, so have you checked every fuse you can find just as a remedial no cost start!

ps. Don't ask me where all the fuses are in a GS !

paul m.

3 hours ago, Texas said:

I think that the radio antenna's installed in Lexus cars are of the Amplified design, so have you checked every fuse you can find just as a remedial no cost start!

ps. Don't ask me where all the fuses are in a GS !

paul m.

The handbooks will be availabe as a free. Pdf download from Lexus website. 

I wouldn’t say changing the antenna in this Gs is easy for a trader as they need to research into what the issue is to be sure that it is actually causing the issue then source the parts and for this Gs in the uk there are not many spare parts around on eBay etc then spend 1, 2 maybe 3 hours fitting it just to take the cost off all of that from a 500£ profit margin especially a trader that has big stock and just want to Make a quick turn around. But for someone like me that Has some tools and is quite handy it is definitely doable just time consuming.

its just the standard system.

I do plan on fitting the 12” screen in at some point though so I knew I can delve into this issue a bit further if needed.

The fuses I haven’t checked yet as I wasn’t aware the antenna had any.

I will have a look at my manual and see what I can find. 

Any other suggestions to check whilst I’m checking fuses will be much appreciated