Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to understand an element of the My Lexus App I have just downloaded to my Android phone if anyone can help.

The app itself is useful to me as the app lists the service history  for every visit  the car made to a Lexus dealer, all 35 entries so far over six and a half years with 3 owners incl annual services and any other work related repairs.  The date, mileage, dealer location and a description of the work is all available. It only lists work a dealer records on their National database.  Useful also to show any prospective buyer if you sell your car privately or even trade it in to a non Lexus dealer.  The GPS facility allows you to pin point the cars whereabouts should more than one person use the car I guess or if you forget where you left the car maybe in another city or town.

The only thing I can't get my head round is the registering of a multimedia devise which appears to revolve around which  media screen you have, one of four choices depending on the year of your car.  Mine is a 2012 GS450h. 

Has anyone used the My Lexus App and managed to register the device to the car. Apparently  it allows for updates to the car's systems such as latest sat nav  software, or am I just wrong here.  

Steve

I used the My Lexus portal on their website to register the multimedia system. 

One has to input the unique ID number from the media system itself.

The phone app has populated the info from the portal, so I can't experiment to see how one might do it using the app.

Thanks Peter for the reply.

I've established I can't get to the Sat Nav ID number.   Forgetting the mobile app for a minute the main Lexus website gives a specific route to find the Sat Nav ID number for every car.

• Decide which system you have, it can only be, in my case, either Lexus Premium Navigation Generation 1 or 2 out of the 4 options the add multimedia device gives you when you click on the link.  You get 4 pictures of the 4 systems and you pick the one which your car uses.   Generation 1 and 2 are similar and the path to the ID number is the same.
  • The path is:  Press the menu button, press Set Up,  press Navigation,  press Connected Services and then press Navigation ID number.   The number is then typed in to the box on the main Lexus "My Lexus"  Add Multimedia Device portal screen.       I don't see a connected services tab to click on after the first 3 steps.  

Without the sat nav ID number I can't take advantage of this function.   I wonder is my car just too old at six and a half years old.  The fact Lexus give 4 options of sat nav systems seem to indicate age should not matter.  

The mobile app is just the same, select the system you have and find the Sat Nav ID number while you are in the car and type it into the "add multimedia device "  ID box. 

So if you can't get to the sat nav ID number you've no chance.    Probably end up asking Lexus UK via their contact us facility. 

Hi Colin, my car was registered  Sept 2012 and is a 4th generation Luxury GS450h (L10) model for definite.  Is this a factor in the type of sat nav it uses and why I can't get to the sat nav  id number i wonder?

Steve