Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H - test mode issues & cannot initialise and calibrate linear solenoid valve

Hi all - bit of an issue - any guidance very much appreciated! I've also asked on a US site, so apologies if any overlap....

As follows:
Flat 12v ancillary Battery - vehicle won't enter ready mode, with VSC/HYBRID warnings. Replaced ancillary Battery with new, fully charged, Battery.

Vehicle still won't enter ready mode. Seen this before, so hooked up to tech stream, attempt to clear codes (usual C1259/C1310 on the VSC side and raft of Hybrid codes). VSC and Hybrid warnings come back immediately.

I've corrected this before by clearing store, zero point reset and then initialising and calibrating the linear solenoid valve. However, the reset does not work this time ... the ABS light blinks and I can hear the actuator making noises, but the brake control warning light remains on without blinking at all. 
I've also tried the same clearing and calibration process using a jumper between TS and CG, but exactly the same result.

In Test mode in Techstream, I can toggle the warning lights on and off, the pedal stroke sensor is in range and functions, and I can toggle the abs related relays on and off. However, I cannot enter test mode to interrogate any of the solenoids or related tests (?!).

I've tested the abs module pinout resistances and everything is in spec. The can bus is not returning any dtcs and all modules appear in the can bus page of tech stream. 

Incidentally, I notice that the scss solenoid is "on" from the get-go (no brake pedal press). Is this correct?

Any suggestions most welcome! My first thought is skids ecu has failed... or that maybe the scss solenoid is incorrectly defaulting on and this is causing issues... ugh...

Glad you got to it!

I'd be worried about the state of the elecs in your car if this loose connection happened by itself.  Of course, if you've been in there and it's happened because of an earlier tinkering then that's less of a concern.

I tinkered with most of the sensors and pretty much all the main ecu boards on an MB E Class (part need, part curiosity) and found the connectors, connection pins and wires very susceptible to breaks.

The reset and re-calibration you mention is intriguing.  Is this the same as you can achieve by a Battery disconnect or would this be required as an additional work even though the original components are neither faulty nor been replaced?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links