Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power tail gate

I have just bought a new NX luxury with convenience pack and i have a question about the operation of the tailgate. 

Before anyone suggests, i have read the manual and i cant seem to find an answer. Ok so, my question refers to opening the tailgate using the remote fob. I went shopping yesterday and as i got near the car i pressed and held the tailgate button in readiness to put my shopping away. To my disappoint all i got was a double beep. The only way i could open the tailgate using the fob, was to unlock the car first and then open the tailgate. To me this seems daft,  maybe i dont want the doors unlocked, i just want access to the boot. Any comments or tips from those of you that have a power tail gate would be appreciated. 

Don't know about 2019 NXs but that's the way my 2013 RX works. If I long-press the tailgate button with the doors locked nothing happens, got to unlock the car first.

2 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Don't know about 2019 NXs but that's the way my 2013 RX works. If I long-press the tailgate button with the doors locked nothing happens, got to unlock the car first.

Same with my 2015 RX. Is it to do with disarming the alarm perhaps? 

Same thing happens to my NX, I find it more convenient to just unlock the boot by the boot lid button once I get close to it. 

It baffles me why they decided to do that