Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket satnav/stereo upgrade

varunsharma

Good day!

I am a new member here ... and am buying an 54 plate low mileage SC430 ...

I do love my music (Spotify) and need hands-free telephone ,,,, and live traffic on the sat nav.

I live in North Devon.

Is there anyone there to advise me on the best way forward?

with thanks, Varun 

I bought and fitted this 4wks ago and does everything and more to what you want, you will also need to buy a beatsonic interface to connect up to Mark Levinson amp and steering wheel controls, this unit and interface cost me £1121 as a package, you can get cheaper double din head units tho....... search online for cartronics in byfleet they are the only company that i could find that has the lexus SCs Europe beatsonic interface

6D3623B9-E7C4-47E2-9E08-09AA784EE274.jpeg

1C27C1B7-F349-4393-877C-1DF17321E80B.jpeg

4D97F7DD-1698-4FD9-8768-3DDD22B122CF.jpeg

6A9B2EF4-B213-4520-B242-4A1675A1D79E.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice work Graham. 

It's also quite easy to connect an add-on device like Grom or Vaistech, etc if you prefer to keep the original head unit but to have a modern Sat Nav with live traffic updates, a double din unit would be the neatest solution. 

Now,if it was a Saab, the screen would be slightly angled to the driver!

Though, in my old LS, i always thought the PASSENGER should be operating anything not concerned with actual driving the car.

Too many distractions? There'll be Twitter sets  soon?

• Like 1

Yes Chris, pretty soon we won't even need voice command, it will just play the track you were thinking of and the car will drive itself to the destination. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neil E said:

Nice work Graham. 

It's also quite easy to connect an add-on device like Grom or Vaistech, etc if you prefer to keep the original head unit but to have a modern Sat Nav with live traffic updates, a double din unit would be the neatest solution. 

I had ivic vaitech in my LS then last year replaced it with a grom V2......

Viatech box currently sat in garage, including import etc etc was around £350 and GROM V2 £500

• Like 1

I've always liked Alpine but Pioneer integrate well with Lexus. Yes 4 hours should be enough as they are just replacing the head unit. It took me a lot longer but that was before Beatsonic made the euro version of the MVA-13L.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:46 PM, Neil E said:

Yes Chris, pretty soon we won't even need voice command, it will just play the track you were thinking of and the car will drive itself to the destination. 

i like leaving my iPod on 'Shuffleplay' for the surprise element. Forget I had things on there.

9200+ songs. 27 DAYS of my own music!

As to self driving. I guess it might get rid of the brainless drivers/ We'll be long gone before THAT happens!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know I've come in late with this thread but looking to upgrade my sat nav Bluetooth etc in my 2006 lexus sc 430 and I live in Somerset. Can anybody recommend a company in that area that has experience of carrying out this sort of works.