Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where can I get plastic casing for wing mirror?

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to the UK and have got myself a lovely 2007 Lexus GS300. Unfortunately, yesterday morning I clipped the wing mirror against our gate, and cracked the plastic casing. The rest of the mirror is still ok. Where in the UK is best to get the part for this? Is it better to look out for parts on eBay or so?  I'm hoping not to spend too much but also want to get it repaired sharpish. In the meantime, is it legal to drive like that? And would the rain be able to damage the motor or else of the mirror?

Thanks all. 

If you put tape on just make sure if you have a repeater indicator light in it that it is still visible.. My brother has been driving his volvo with large amounts of duct tape on for about 3 years. he was pulled up on MOT for light being covered

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GSmk3 said:

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to the UK and have got myself a lovely 2007 Lexus GS300. Unfortunately, yesterday morning I clipped the wing mirror against our gate, and cracked the plastic casing. The rest of the mirror is still ok. Where in the UK is best to get the part for this? Is it better to look out for parts on Ebay or so?  I'm hoping not to spend too much but also want to get it repaired sharpish. In the meantime, is it legal to drive like that? And would the rain be able to damage the motor or else of the mirror?

Thanks all. 

I feel your pain. I had the indicator light fail in the mirror of a Mercedes E250 cabriolet and the LED light isn't replaceable. That was £159 for the cover from my local Mercedes Dealer. 

Online breakers search may be the answer. 

• Like 1

Thank you all. Luckily the repeater is on the side rather than the mirror. I did knock off the puddle light though. If you happen to know what bulb is the puddle light, please let me know. 

@olliesgrandad, @Herbie: please share some popular online breakers for Lexus, thank you. 

I cracked my NS mirror cover by hitting a pheasant flying out of a hedgerow. I used epoxy resin to glue it together then carefully rubbed it down "the mirror not the pheasant".

Resprayed the cover with aerosol paint, and the repairs cannot be seen.

John.