Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

buying and running an ISF in todays world

dear all,

thanks so much for your contributions! some really good insight, and there was some contributions where my thinking was the same.

@08ISF GSF!!! holy cow that's some serious hardware, if you have time please post some photos!

@gb1600e You made me laugh! you devil!!! 

just to give you some background, I originally owned a GS300 MK1 sport, then moved on to the IS250 SE-L which im still driving now. the reason why I haven't changed cars yet, is there is nothing tempting me to sell up and go after. the good thing about this is I can indulge in going through all the major makes in my mind without committing. most of the time, its just a passing fad.  so far my i'm showing interest in the following:

IS300H F-sport

GS450h F-sport

NX300h F-sport

ISF

I've driven the GS450 and its a beast! 

I test drove the ISF when lexus did an open day in Barnet about ten years ago. but it wasn't enough time to truly "drive" the car

some of you above mentioned that you bought out warranty with lexus, is that right? does that cover anything specific?

please feel free to add some more of your experiences and thoughts

thanks

On 1/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, st4 said:

I don't think an RCF, ISF or GS-F would be that ruinous to run. Petrols not really that expensive - really it isn't and you can comfortable fill up with change from £100 - not £1000. £500/yr road tax - it's not that much, not really in scheme of life. If you want to run a car like this, you can make the sacrifices to run it if you've got a reasonable income. It just depends how much other stuff you'd want to sacrifice to do it. 

They'll do over 30mpg on the motorway which is only 1/4 less than a big diseal would do, so a journey from London to Birmingham might cost £30, not £20. Hardly super dear. 

They're a reliable car that's comfortable so why not if you want a bit of fun in your motoring life. 

I love it when people say "how much tax?" "£500 - WOW" as they open a new pack of 20......at 80-90% tax rate which = getting on for £3000 annual tax if a 20 a day man. 

Pays yer money .......

Or you can use ' man maths' to justify the £555. Wife's Aygo, £0.00. My Prius shopping etc car £10.00. The ISF, £555.00. 

Total, £565 divided by 3. £188 each. Not so bad then!!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 10:26 PM, finest1 said:

some of you above mentioned that you bought out warranty with lexus, is that right? does that cover anything specific?

The warranty is very comprehensive & you can usually get 2 years cover for the price of one.  It also includes, key insurance &  AA European breakdown cover for you & your partner, so to me it seemed very good value.

9 hours ago, DAW said:

The warranty is very comprehensive & you can usually get 2 years cover for the price of one.  It also includes, key insurance &  AA European breakdown cover for you & your partner, so to me it seemed very good value.

thanks DAW

• 2 weeks later...

Have had my ISF for nearly 4 years, apart from the years warranty Lexus gave me I didn’t opt for it, 3 years on £0 money spent on any issues, obviously services, tyres etc BUT nothing on anything else as nothing else has failed.....running costs are 23mpg over years, £255 a year road tax (present year).......yes £255......yes it’s probably the only one in the uk at that price too.......typo errors CAN be a good thing from time to time......insurance is £350ish.......and I too run a second car as a daily user, although I passed it off to the wife as the “dogs car” 😂.......still can’t see me parting with mine either. Great cars