Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F sport comfort question.

i know its subjective and everyone has their own ideas but why do i read so many reviews saying the F sport is hard and uncomfortable? any owners care to comment?

only asking as mines on order and im wondering how comfy or not it wil be,

It may have been a good i dear to have one and test it out for 24 hours before buying one.

Personally a hard/firm ride is relative to what you expect or have come from, I went from a GS 450h which had a comfortable ride to a  RC-F which was a firm ride, until I went in a M4 which was a bone shaker. 

• Thanks 1

I drove an Exec but just fell in love with the F looks.... seat felt ok in showroom.

I'm trading up from a Kia Sportage which is like sitting on a concrete bench so I'm not too worried, just curious.

4 hours ago, ac1962 said:

i know its subjective and everyone has their own ideas but why do i read so many reviews saying the F sport is hard and uncomfortable? any owners care to comment?

only asking as mines on order and im wondering how comfy or not it wil be,

If you are young and have a good back you should be okay. I drive around 500 miles a week and found my back was a bit sore. I then went to a GS300h luxury which was much better but my 2015 RX450h leaves them both in the shade for comfort. The FSport looks great as you say. 

The seat foam is developed from the supercar and is much firmer than other models. Dash dials are great fun 😀

• Thanks 1

What spec have you gone with? Did you add the pack which has Adaptive Variable Suspension?

If so, in Normal mode it rides more or less the same as the other trims. In Sport +, it firms up the ride and you feel every ripple, ridge and cats eye. I very rarely use Sport+.

If not it will ride slightly stiffer, but a lot of it is down to the low profile and wider tyres and bigger alloys

In my opinion, it is still way better than any non-premium car, secondary ride quality is far better and for Motorway use it is perfectly fine. The seats are also extremely comfortable.

Did you test drive at all??

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve 44.

I test drove an Exec model that was ok but ordered the standard spec F SPORT after seeing in showroom. I only sat in it in the showroom and was happy with the more sculpted seats and the looks in Mesa red.

i have a 17 plate F Sport

i would say the ride is firm but comfortable, i snapped the ligaments in my lower back many years ago

so i had to have a proper test drive to make sure i felt comfortable in the car before i purchased it

9 months later and no regrets.

• Thanks 1

@ 200h thanks- that's what I was hoping to hear.

That's the problem with the F SPORT...it seduced me and I fell for it !  Can't wait to get it.    may 24th.

I have just bought a 65 plate Fsport and i love it, i am 58 years old and suffer a bit with back ache but i find the seats are super comfortable and the ride is perfectly acceptable. I am sure you won't be dissapointed. I bought mine from Lexus Cardiff without even seeing it as they supplied it from Lexus Canterbury, i had a short drive in another fsport they had in stock and just thought i have to have it. I had to wait a week for them to deliver the car from Canterbury but it was worth the wait.

• Thanks 1

I was very sceptical reading about the ride quality of an F-Sport being hard. Well the people who think that must have based their judgement on wallowing american sedans. I find my F-Sport's ride quality BETTER than my last car, which was a Range Rover Autobiography Sport and their ride is second to none, apart from a Lexus, of course. Do not believe everything you read that sounds negative about these vehicles. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links