Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My first Lexus

oweyes

I finally gave up my love affair with a Supercharged Range Rover Autobiography Sport, although I do miss some of the features it had, its reliability does indeed bug them and always when you least need it. Looking around at the market for a similar high powered petrol SUV (mine was the 5L jobbie), I ruled out the BMW X5 due to their finicky "you must have this type and make of tyre" requirement, followed by the AUDI Q7, which was longer than the RRSport and most were diesel. I finally decided to give the Lexus RX450H a looksee and quite franckly (after 1-week of ownrship) am blown away by the whole affiar - what an amazing vehicle!

It's design is well thought out and the 0-60 is very commendable at a mere 7.8s. Lexus themselves appear to be one of the nicest, helpful dealerships around from my early experience in both visiting a couple of sites and calling their HQ in Epsom for more info on the RX.

Mine's a low-mileage 2014 Lexus RX450H F-Sport in stunning black. This was the first one I looked at, but as I had set my heart on a Premier due to the side camera and I had hoped for one with Adaptive Cruise Control I ruled out the F-Sport. After some 4-weeks of no joy, I went back to the F-Sport and decided to give ti a go. I'm really impressed by the ride quality, which a lot of reports say is hard (and that did put me off somewhat). However, I definately would disagree with that, infact even though it does not have the air suspension design, its ride is on par / even better than the RRSport I had.

So the next step will be to put in a dashcam, which I'm currently deciding whether to go with the Lexus buy and fit or do my own thing, which is what I've previously done.

Glad to be joining this club and look forward to some interesting banter in the future.

• Like 3

Welcome to the club Paul. Let's have some photos of your new beastie when you can - we always like to see photos!  😊

Regarding the dashcam, have a look at this review below. The guy has reviewed dozens of other cams (and lots of other tech too) and this is the one that he settled on for his own car:

Enjoy. Please take a look at the Lexus video on driving a hybrid. That will help maximise economy. 

If it is on Dunlop tyres and you start to get a noise like wheel bearing rumble then it is because of the way the tyres wear in a step pattern. Even if the tread depth is fine new tyres will sort it. 

I am now running on Michelin Cross Climates which are great. 

29 minutes ago, oweyes said:

I finally gave up my love affair with a Supercharged Range Rover Autobiography Sport, although I do miss some of the features it had, its reliability does indeed bug them and always when you least need it. Looking around at the market for a similar high powered petrol SUV (mine was the 5L jobbie), I ruled out the BMW X5 due to their finicky "you must have this type and make of tyre" requirement, followed by the AUDI Q7, which was longer than the RRSport and most were diesel. I finally decided to give the Lexus RX450H a looksee and quite franckly (after 1-week of ownrship) am blown away by the whole affiar - what an amazing vehicle!

It's design is well thought out and the 0-60 is very commendable at a mere 7.8s. Lexus themselves appear to be one of the nicest, helpful dealerships around from my early experience in both visiting a couple of sites and calling their HQ in Epsom for more info on the RX.

Mine's a low-mileage 2014 Lexus RX450H F-Sport in stunning black. This was the first one I looked at, but as I had set my heart on a Premier due to the side camera and I had hoped for one with Adaptive Cruise Control I ruled out the F-Sport. After some 4-weeks of no joy, I went back to the F-Sport and decided to give ti a go. I'm really impressed by the ride quality, which a lot of reports say is hard (and that did put me off somewhat). However, I definately would disagree with that, infact even though it does not have the air suspension design, its ride is on par / even better than the RRSport I had.

So the next step will be to put in a DashCam, which I'm currently deciding whether to go with the Lexus buy and fit or do my own thing, which is what I've previously done.

Glad to be joining this club and look forward to some interesting banter in the future.

Welcome to the club Paul. I am sure you will have joyful Lexus experience. They are great cars and I would personally say very underrated.

I am sure many people like you went for the more obvious choices like RRover's, German or Volvo's, but once you try the Lexus it is very difficult to go back.

Good choice of car and with a careful right foot, you might get over 31mpg on average. Winter time the engine needs to warm up before the hybrid system kicks in and uses more fuel. Compare to your previous 5L thirsty monster, you will be very happy with over 30 mpg.

All the best.

Thanks to you all for the input and general comments. Concerning mpg I did not expect to get the quoted 40+ figures and sure enough on a return trip to Marlow clocked in at 31mpg. Still need to understand some of the oddities like it doesn't appear to have a trip meter!

Hi Eame64 - Although I'm new to the world of Lexus I know what you mean. On my first day of driving the RX I had the linked mobile tell me a message had come in and do I want to read it!! Amazing, having not know of a vehicle's ICE capable of doing that. Only thing I was disappointed with was the single CD/DVD capabilty, having been use to a multi loading HDD. Now however, rather than a USB stick I've resurrected my iPod which works a treat with far more capacity than any multi CD?DVD player.

• Like 1

The strange thing with Lexus technology is that it varies so much between models. The sat nav and ML was far more sophisticated on my 2015 GS  ( DAB radio showed what was playing unlike the ML in my RX) and that had rear cross traffic radar in luxury trim. My previous IS300h f sport computer could record mileage in a day and driving times which is highly useful as I get paid by the hour. 

It does make switching between models interesting as both IS300h and RX have foot operated parking brakes while the GS doesn't and the CT is different again😂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links