Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mind of its own NavScreen

Hi all ..

Need some advice .. I feel the NavScreen on my 2011 RX450h has always behaved rather erratically in that I select any specific function ie. Audio or Telephone etc: and then after a while if I just leave it .. the unit either switches itself off or reverts to the road map function even tho' I havn't touched the thing .. I would have thought that if for instance I had selected Audio the unit would stay alive showing the audio channels and stay in that mode until I selected another function but it dosn't   

Am I the only one or has someone else had this problem .. any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Cheers

Check the settings.

The unit in my GS450 is different to yours, but there is an option for it to switch away from certain display pages back to either the economy bar chart or the map, depending on what you were viewing.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 3:39 PM, Gilbert Fudpucker said:

Hi all ..

Need some advice .. I feel the NavScreen on my 2011 RX450h has always behaved rather erratically in that I select any specific function ie. Audio or Telephone etc: and then after a while if I just leave it .. the unit either switches itself off or reverts to the road map function even tho' I havn't touched the thing .. I would have thought that if for instance I had selected Audio the unit would stay alive showing the audio channels and stay in that mode until I selected another function but it dosn't   

Am I the only one or has someone else had this problem .. any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Cheers

Pretty certain that it is the same as on my 2015 Advance. The only function that will remain big screen is the 'car' function, both the bar chart screen and the power distribution screen.

For definate the big audio screen switches out, but on my split screen the Channel shows unless off when it shows the speaker symbol. 

That from memory can be altered in settings. 

For full screen it's sat nav or nothing though. 

It doesn't switch off though. 

Appreciate the feedback, good to know i'm not alone, a Lexus quirk that i'm obviously going to have to live with then but still seems odd

Ill take another look in the settings, I may just have missed summat'

Thanks Olliesgrandad

You can turn the flicking between screens off. I forget how, but I was being driven spare by it flicking back and forth and eventually found the setting. It’s called “last screen” or something like that.

The random opening of the map when you push a button is apparently “as specified” I even booked mine in to the dealer for it and there was nothing wrong, “it’s just what it does” was essentially the report back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

You can turn the flicking between screens off. I forget how, but I was being driven spare by it flicking back and forth and eventually found the setting. It’s called “last screen” or something like that.

The random opening of the map when you push a button is apparently “as specified” I even booked mine in to the dealer for it and there was nothing wrong, “it’s just what it does” was essentially the report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that I'll have a look sometime. 

Sorted!

To keep the last screen displayed go into Main menu and then 'General Settings.'

Scroll down the list of options for the screen and there is an option to switch off the auto screen reset feature.

I have now managed to sort my screen out (thanks to a thirty minute stationary traffic queue...).

• Like 1

Sorted!
To keep the last screen displayed go into Main menu and then 'General Settings.'
Scroll down the list of options for the screen and there is an option to switch off the auto screen reset feature.
I have now managed to sort my screen out (thanks to a thirty minute stationary traffic queue...).

I knew it was in there somewhere! Glad to hear you got it sorted

• Like 1

Didn't know about the auto screen feature, but do know that my satnav drives me potty!  It was working ok but recently, when navigating especially around urban centres or areas with odd postcode jumps, it sends me completely in the wrong direction or on a crazy long zig-zag route to where I want to go, so I have lost all faith in it.  Will have it checked at the next service but for now rely on our trusty Garmin.

38 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

Didn't know about the auto screen feature, but do know that my satnav drives me potty!  It was working ok but recently, when navigating especially around urban centres or areas with odd postcode jumps, it sends me completely in the wrong direction or on a crazy long zig-zag route to where I want to go, so I have lost all faith in it.  Will have it checked at the next service but for now rely on our trusty Garmin.

Yesterday I was relying on my tomtom. No sign of an issue just slow traffic. 

I always have the car system running also. The car previously told me there was a road closure and offered alternative. Having detoured before in a previous Lexus when the problem had gone I ignored warning. 

Big mistake. Main road closed and I was an hour late for an appointment. DEEP JOY 

• 2 months later...

Thanks Olliesgrandad ..

I know its only taken me since January (been pretty busy) but I now have a Nav screen which has stopped switching itself around at random thanks to your tip on going into General Settings and switching off the screen reset feature , really appreciated

Cheers Gilbert 

• Like 1