Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey chaps,

I looked but couldn't see any mention of this weeks shed?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lexus/gs/lexus-gs-gs2-300-s------------------1998/9387410

This looks like a very good deal for £1250 unless I am missing something?

If I needed a cheap run around I would be tempted, especially with the great seats it has :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now with a dealer at £1500. Am negotiating delivery -maybe!

After 2 LS 400s, I thought a small (er) car but Lexus quality.

Seems to have been Lexus maintained, so hopefully up together.

Slight peel on lacquer, which I guess can be sprayed

Just need to find a cheap Satnav. Are the £30 ones any use?

It'd be my 'occasion(al)' car

lI like the colour and the unusual seats, which AREN'T leather!

Most cars in Japan used to have velour. Ever seen the anti-macassars in big limos?

Prices really are crazy-as in, low. In comparative terms.

You can find videos of US dealers selling 150K mile cars avidly!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, Shahpor said:

Hey chaps,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lexus/gs/lexus-gs-gs2-300-s------------------1998/9387410

If I needed a cheap run around I would be tempted, especially with the great seats it has :smile:

That looks pretty good to me, nice colour, and I really like the upholstery. And great MOT history!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shahpor said:

My hope was it would go to someone who would appreciate it, so let us know how it goes Chris :thumbsup:

Exactly, get yourself down there man!  I see a few of them from around that year, they always seem to look a lot bigger than the gen 3 GS. Like I said, great MOT history, great colour, really nice unusual seats, what's not to like?  Apart from not being a Citroen of course, eh Chris?

On 1/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, Shahpor said:

Hey chaps,

Looks great , same owner from new ! , electric seats ! I would be interested in that too ! 

Not true about the special one-off seats. The S grade had cloth/velour seats with the middle sections colour co-ordinated to the exterior paint colour so this is just standard. It is somewhat rare because most GS300 sold of that age were SE grades.

Things to look out for on the series II GS:

This is early warning of my motoring R.I.P.!

I was pursuing this car, thinking it might possibly be my 'last car'.

Then was told by Doctor that I shouldn't drive! The medication affects you too much!

So had to cancel the purchase -I'm sure to the annoyance of the seller.

So, after a 40+ year life of (so many!!) cars and many adventures, i now have to live on the memories.

Luckily i have a few pictures and the memories last (the medication only says it affects 'short term' memory! Gee thanks!)

It's not any of the 'big' illnesses.

Insomnia!

But it usually is permanent at my age, with no 'cure' just slight allieviation.

As someone said, 'It's no wonder sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture." It IS!!

I used to be able to doze at will; now it's a distant.....

The car should make someone very happy.

If you're passing my door, do NOT come and take me for a spin-sadists!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So sorry to hear this Chris. :sad:

As someone who suffers the occasional bout, I have a small inkling of what it must be like.

Such a shame that you couldn't go through with the purchase because, like you say, it looks like it would have been a good one.

10 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Awful news. Sorry to hear that too Chris.

Let's hope the insomnia does alleviate and you can cut back on the medication.

It seems from my research -having been ignorant so far like most of us? - that it's not temporary, especially with older folk.

A bit like the word 'depression' Folk get mixed up; there is   temporary depression caused by external events, and there's physical/chemical imbalance type. Need two names.

Temp insomnia is the same. GABA insomnia -who knew?- is caused by GABA sensors in brain  becoming more sensitive with age. Not much done in this area. No one seems to exactly know a 'cause' -or a solution.

Lots of supposed GABA stuff in shops, preying on the ignorant, as the brain has a membrane that protects it from stuff and the "GABA' just gets ingested in gut!

Possibly 30% of population suffer to varying degree!

Roads busy. Bus pass + rail Card....local shops, bus outside door nearly...

No Parking hassles. No congestion. Less stress? No parking dinks....

just wish for the fatigue to lessen!

Just have to wean myself off Autotrader/t'bay!

Hi all,

Just thought I would join and introduce myself as we are currently selling the aforementioned Lexus GS300.

As Chris has mentioned he did initially reserve the car with a deposit however due to his bad news the purchase could not go ahead and deposit has now been refunded.

I am back from holiday so the Lexus is available for viewings from today.

She really is a thing of beauty and has been loved and cherished by the previous owner from new and it shows.

This is why I would love for it to go to another Lexus enthusiast who will love and appreciate her, so do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or to pop over for a viewing, we are in West London near Heathrow Airport.

Here is a link to our ad -

*£1500* 1998 Lexus GS300 Automatic - Low Miles - FSH - 2JZ GS 300 430 GS430 auto 

LEXUS ON EBAY CLICK HERE