Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well as a precaution I fitted a new Koyo radiator today. I must say the original looked in very good condition.  The thing is, you just don't know what's going on inside with those four rubber o rings, so is it worth the risk?  Still, at least it gave me the opportunity to replace the rubber transmission hoses, and discover the fluid is a nice bright cherry red. Not too much skin removed from my right arm either! £114 for the radiator, £26 for Toyota red coolant and £10 for the hoses. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

£114 for the radiator, £26 for Toyota red coolant and £10 for the hoses. 

and you've saved your car from some inevitability of irreparable damage and possible terminal write-off from when the gearbox could fail

Money well spent i would suggest 👍

Malc

20 minutes ago, Malc said:

and you've saved your car from some inevitability of irreparable damage and possible terminal write-off from when the gearbox could fail

Money well spent i would suggest 👍

Malc

That's the way I've looked at it. It's not much money spent for the peace of mind. An easy job as well. And there's something satisfy about pouring in some fresh coolant!

17 minutes ago, Wisemonkey said:

Is yours a 430 and is this potentially catastrophic failure peculiar to the 430 or does it include the 400 & 460 please ?

It affects the 430 and the 460 (or it can potentially) not heard of the problem with the 400. And yes, mine is a 430.

10 hours ago, Wisemonkey said:

Mega value for a new rad for such a car as your LS good preventative measure, cheers and thanks.

And don't worry about your LS400, I don't think its ever happened to one, so no reason to think it ever will. The cooling system must be different but I can't remember how it was on mine, probably because there was never a reason to look at it!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, messi said:

Hi where did you get the radiator from and any idea what the part number is? 

I got the radiator from Eurocarparts, they only do one for the LS430. The only thing is that a UK model would need adapting as most aftermarket ones are made for the US and Japanese market, so mine was a straight swap. 

15 minutes ago, messi said:

Hi yes I've heard there are 2 type of radiator for the ls430 but your saying the one euro car parts is a straight fit?

Thanks 

HI Messi it was a straight fit because Phil's LS430 is a Celsior (import)

What adaptions are needed for the UK model LS430s?
There are a few different model radiators on eBay but apart from the little pipe at the top-right they all look identical to me.

Am thinking of getting mine done, as at 110k miles and rising.
Was thinking of getting the Dromedary one but now not so sure.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:54 PM, BigBoomer said:

There are a few different model radiators on eBay but apart from the little pipe at the top-right they all look identical to me.

If you're after a genuine one send an enquiry on our site - Don't forget to use the members discount code.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/contact-us-genuine-lexus-parts/

We beat main Dealers

I just got quote from Lexus parts direct for a radiator, £400 odd quid. Birmingham lexus said they would sell me a radiator at trade price at just over £200

2 minutes ago, messi said:

I just got quote from Lexus parts direct for a radiator, £400 odd quid. Birmingham lexus said they would sell me a radiator at trade price at just over £200

wow, that is a huge difference something must be wrong, was your enquiry seems to be 2 types of radiator for my car can you supply me with the part number - price & availability please

25 minutes ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

wow, that is a huge difference something must be wrong, was your enquiry seems to be 2 types of radiator for my car can you supply me with the part number - price & availability please

Even the extremely uncommon radiator is £375, I hate to say it but it will not be a Genuine Lexus of at £200 as that is well below COST, I would suggest you make sure they get you the correct part.

It's from Lexus main dealer at trade price but if you look on rock auto you can pick up denso radiator for around £80 but there are 2 different types

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, messi said:

It's from Lexus main dealer at trade price but if you look on rock auto you can pick up denso radiator for around £80 but there are 2 different types

If it is a trade price it is not the same part we quoted you for then, There is no way a trade price would be £200 cheaper than our site.

They must be offering a non-genuine one then, That is the only way it would be cheaper

On 3/12/2019 at 3:54 PM, BigBoomer said:

The UK spec radiators have a hose fitting at the top far left (looking from the front) that connects to the expansion reservoir.  The non UK spec, i.e. from Eurocarparts, doesn't have that so a hose has to be taken from the reservoir to the nozzle that comes out of the back below the rad filler cap.  On the UK spec I believe this nozzle is solid, whereas the non UK is open. I did notice recently that there were a couple of eBay sellers now offering the direct fit ones.  Probably safer to buy a genuine one for ease to be honest.

Looking at the one you mention on eBay, it does have the correct fitting on top, I'm not sure about the fittings for the transmission, they should come straight out but theirs are 90 degrees.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links