Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strutmasters shipping costs

k1elliott

• 2 weeks later...

Update. 

I messed up the customs declaration and asked them to update. 

I've found with this company (reship) that they are slow to react, so if you have non standard items or require other assistance it can take considerable time. Happy with the service thus far though. 

I've declared 500 USD value and removed the invoice for emailing directly.. 

Hopefully shipped this week. 

I also got febest bushings for lower arms that I'll push in at same time. 

56 minutes ago, k1elliott said:

I've declared 500 USD value and removed the invoice for emailing directly..

and if Customs inspect the goods  ? what then ?

Malc

Although I've decided to stop worrying and only fix things if and when they go wrong, my last quote from Strutmaster was very good.  I could pay shipping, import duty and all taxes up front which made the total cost around £1,100. Not bad I think.

55 minutes ago, k1elliott said:

That's pretty good. Sterling helps. Sadly the euro isn't helping me as much.

Do it 😉

I forgot you were dealing with the Euro!

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I could pay shipping, import duty and all taxes up front

how does this work I wonder ?  actually paying the UK  import duty VAT and Customs charges upfront  ..........  I've only ever experienced the Customs people actually receiving the package through their hands and then deciding on Duty and VAT and whatever other handling charges as appropriate

Malc

7 hours ago, Malc said:

how does this work I wonder ?  actually paying the UK  import duty VAT and Customs charges upfront  ..........  I've only ever experienced the Customs people actually receiving the package through their hands and then deciding on Duty and VAT and whatever other handling charges as appropriate

Malc

I've no Idea really, I'm only going by the info they sent me. I was going to copy it in but the quote has expired now.  It was to be sent via DHL economy which I guess is OK.  My only concern would have been the amount of times the parcel could have found itself being thrown around and potentially damaged.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Arrived after 2 days in shipping.

Re the reship, I think the service from strutmasters would have been better albeit more expensive. However after a lot of messing, 480 USD for shipping in total and 250 eur duty they are here and survived the journey. 

Installed today. About 90 mins each side. Pretty painless. DON'T FORGET TO TIE UP THE KNUCKLE. 

Re the ride. It's transformed. Much better than I had hoped. All knocks gone and I left the original lower bushings in place. Much more solid and connected to the road. As soft as standard air. That wonderful tyre noise you get from a tight suspension over bumps is evident for the first time in my ownership.

Even the engine shut off is smoother as the  vehicle isn't rocking on the bags. I thought the motor mounts were also gone. Turns out everything else seems quite tight after c. 95k miles. 

Backs are not done yet and compressor is not complaining or always on. Front is slightly higher than rear until I get them done. 

It's a totally different car. You'd have to do the upper arms as is did to realise the benefits I'd say. 

I'll update again once rears are in. 

I'm very happy. 

• Like 2