Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelift LS 430

So what year did this model appear please, what was the favoured suspension on delivery, was it air suspension in the main or convential shocks. Were there different spec levels ? The reason I am asking at some stage comtemplating getting one and doing what I have done with my current LS 400, full dinitrol treatment and cam belt,water pump, brake service new rear discs basically anything that needs sorting it got it. My car is now fully sorted and runs like a dream and only just done 81000 miles from new. If I do find a top notch 430 my LS will be offered here but it will not be at a knock down price but it will not be like the one north of the border either !

The LS430 first appeared in the UK in Oct 2000. It came as standard with conventional suspension, with air suspension added as part of the £4k premium pack, which also included the rear cool box, rear electric/massaging seats, rear air con zone and controls, air con front seats and wooden steering wheel.

The facelift LS430 went on sale Nov 2003 with a 6-speed transmission. Air suspension was standard - essentially the spec increased to include all the premium pack additions.

Yes, soft close on all Facelift models, but may have been an option (premium pack) on pre-Facelift.
The following from the 2003 User Manual.

Door closer (some models)
If any door is closed but does not latch shut, it automatically closes completely. This system is equipped on all the doors and will activate regardless of the ignition
switch position.
Pulling the door handle will cancel the door closer, allowing you to open the door which is about to close. However, pulling the door handle of the rear door which is locked with the child protector will not cancel the door closer.

CAUTION
Careful attention is needed so as not to get your fingers trapped as the door automatically closes
when the door has not been fully closed.
Never allow a child to operate the door.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 8:24 PM, ColinBarber said:

The LS430 first appeared in the UK in Oct 2000. It came as standard with conventional suspension, with air suspension added as part of the £4k premium pack, which also included the rear cool box, rear electric/massaging seats, rear air con zone and controls, air con front seats and wooden steering wheel.

The facelift LS430 went on sale Nov 2003 with a 6-speed transmission. Air suspension was standard - essentially the spec increased to include all the premium pack additions.

Mine must have been one of the first facelift models then, as it's October 2003

20 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

The facelift has a more sleeker front with slightly different shape headlights, 18 inch alloys and wood interior finish. The key was also lightly different

Interestingly, mine being a facelift has 17"wheels. I can only assume it's because it's an import. The pre-facelift had brushed aluminium centre console around the gear shift and window switches, although late pre-facelift had all wood. 

36 minutes ago, 39buss said:

I think rear view reversing camera and front radar mounted behind the Lexus badge and 18" 5 spoke alloys were also added for the 2003/04 face lift

I've got the reverse camera and Bluetooth but wheels in-between the others. The first were 7 spoke and facelift 5 spoke but mine are 6 spoke!

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Did the UK models ever get the Laser/Radar cruise control? My Feb 2004 facelift doesn't have it. Just regular cruise control.

Yes they did, but as they don't all have it I guess it was one of the few options.

The radar/laser was very problematic with water ingress cos of it's vunerable position behind the front grill badge and a dashboard warning would come up. Have a look behind the grill badge for a couple of wires. It may have been switched off electronically to disable the dash warning. Apparently £1000 to repair/replace.  

11 hours ago, 39buss said:

Apparently £1000 to repair/replace.

my son-in-law is a professional bodyshop repairer and the Ls600 one of these cost some £4000 when they had one in for some front-end knock a while back

the total repair cost @ £7000, bumped up by the cost of this part alone

Malc

• Sad 1