Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why can’t lexus have Silver style AA vans

holiday

Hi I know this might be weird topic. But as people know that Lexus is a luxury brand. Why can’t AA roadside have the silver vans like how VWAG, Land Rover and jaguar have. I understand that Lexus provide personal cover for two people which is better than the car cover. But as being a luxury manufacturer surely they can have that. Apparently they have won awards according to Toyota and Lexus blogs but surely they can provide silver vans and dedicated lexus technicians. 

https://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-roadside-assistance-tops-national-survey/

Because they can't even send the correct recovery vehicle to a hybrid despite being a dedicated Lexus phone line...... Knew my IS300h wasn't drivable due to accident damage. When the yellow van turned up he immediately said a spectacle lift was no good and shouldn't have been sent. Waited a total of 5 hours in the middle of nowhere for low loader 😭

11 hours ago, holiday said:

Hi I know this might be weird topic...

I don't see any point. A dedicated fleet of vehicles painted a particular colour just in case a Lexus breaks down? That's crackers. And I'm almost certain that every VAG/Jaguar/Land Rover/whatever that breaks down doesn't get a dedicated vehicle and mechanic. 

Thinking outside the box here! Lexus is renowned for being a ( if not the) most reliable brand, so to have in house recovery/breakdown available all around the country ( prob Every dealership will need at least two) would be a large financial commitment that may/may not get fully utilised, so like a lot of services it gets tendered out.

paul m.

Another good point.

And don't forget, having a well advertised dedicated recovery fleet is a selling point if you're buying a Land Rover :wink: Probably on first name terms with the drivers.

We had a VW and that broke down but the silver van came in 2009 as our vw was broken down. So that’s why I asked if lexus has their breakdown with AA can’t they have silver vans as well.