Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220d A/F sensor locations?

rtho

Hello, considering changing these pre cat A/F sensors. Car has done £140k and with the weather much colder the white smoke is terrible at the moment. There was a colleague driving behind me last week and he said the smoke smelt badly of un-burnt fuel. Ideally would like to change them myself - have cleaned the EGR valve plenty of times up to now.

Hi,

Strange though it seems, the manual claims you have to remove the front passengers seat and remove a cover panel to get to the sensor!  It looks like the cable for the sensor runs underneath it.

This is what it says do after removing the seat and seatbelt assembly:

Capture.thumb.JPG.c7d85c747c9e80b46c4cd7e8dbbb1cef.JPG

It can be tested, but considering the effort required to remove the sensor, I would think replacing it would be a better option.

Have you tried getting a reading off TechStream to see what the current sensor is showing?

Thank you for the info , I did buy the techstream cable and CD software from eBay but could never get it to work. Before jumping in probably worth getting it checked out properly...... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links