Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless theft

cadman2k

Lexus fair just as badly as any other manufacturer, which is why I use a nice big deterrent in the form of a Stoplock Pro Elite steering lock. In tests and reviews, it took more than 5 minutes to defeat the lock so my hope is that the scrotes will see it and decide that it's not worth the hassle and move to an easier target somewhere else.

IMG_20190120_193536.thumb.jpg.3ec094e9002f910f3579c5fef987aa35.jpg

And it does seem to work that way:

my 2 keys are in small portable Faraday bags whenever the car is not in use.

I'd like to think we're pretty safe as these thieves go for more valueable priced cars and anything thats say less than £10k they probably wont bother with?

3 hours ago, normski2 said:

I have a couple of the faraday bags for my keys...works a treat for me.

So have I but they are prone to failure after a while (just look at all the reviews of the various ones on Amazon), hence the steering lock - belt and braces  😉

I still use the “press and hold the lock button on the key fob whilst at the same time quickly press the unlock button twice”

This disables the Battery in the fob, therefore no signal is emitted.

If you remember to put your keys in a bag, then surely you can remember to use the lock system every time you leave your car,

Each to their own!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zoot1948 said:

I still use the “press and hold the lock button on the key fob whilst at the same time quickly press the unlock button twice”

This disables the battery in the fob, therefore no signal is emitted.

If you remember to put your keys in a bag, then surely you can remember to use the lock system every time you leave your car,

Each to their own!

So you don't use the smart entry system at all? Why not just disable the system so you don't run the risk of forgetting to disable the fob? Either a setting in the menu or dealer customisation.

I use a Defender signal blocker pouch for the keys at home. If I’m away with the car but in danger of someone using a relay attack (e.g. staying in a hotel) I turn off the keyless entry function in the menu. Interesting Lexus appear to have added that as my 2014 CT didn’t have the option, at least in the menu. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Concerned about security? This is the Lexus Approved Faraday pouch.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rc-f/lexus-rc-f-2014-onwards/lexus-rc-f-accessories/lexus-faraday-wallet/

Order today and have your pouch delivered to your door. Protect your Lexus!

• 4 years later...