Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What is this black knob?

17 minutes ago, MLW said:

While accessing the OBD11 slot I found a black knob buried below the steering wheel . When you turn it around it clicks. What is it?

It's the reset for the tyre pressure monitoring system.

John.

If you have smart key turned on and whilst the vehicle is running or in "on"/"ACC" position and you open a door ( I think it is any door but perhaps just driver's door) the car chimes perpetually to warn you that you could be leaving the car and walking away with the key. It is a very classic Lexus chime which I like personally😎 The said knob controls the volume of this chime and twisting it past the click disables the chime altogether which I think is a danger- the chime should always be loud and clear. It seems silly but I read in a news archive somewhere that many years ago in the early 00's an old lady in America somewhere died after leaving her Lexus with engine running in garage and going inside house and falling asleep. I think her husband survived, can't remember really but absolutely tragic. People can actually forget, hence said chime. 

Alex 

Edited by The Lexus Enthusiast
Got a fact wrong!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1