Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

That's me now done just over 105K miles (4K since purchase on 01/06/18) and the plan was to put into Lexus Glasgow for the 110K service around June  for which I've been quoted £275, including the hybrid check (they carried out the same check last year and gave me some sort of certificate).  Not too bad a price I thought for a Lexus main dealer, considering I should get a 10% discount as a Gold Member.

I read somewhere on the American Owners site that Lexus will no longer guarantee the batteries after the car is 10 years old, mine is 11 years old in March.  Does anyone know if this is true as I'd be as well just asking my regular mechanic to do the service if that is the case?

Basically I do not know what advantage it is getting the hybrid check carried out (it costs £72.95 is done separately).

As usual, any advice would be greatly appreciated...

I think that it is indeed true but I'd be inclined to pay it as your regular mechanic won't have anything to check hybrid systems. Either that or get yourself an OBDII dongle so that you could use the HybridCheck app on your phone.

• Like 1

The way I look at it is that the hybrid system works unless there is any evidence to the contrary.  I had mine serviced at 125k at my local garage and paid less than £200 (about £190 ish I think) and that included new pollen and air filters.  For me to take my car to a Lexus main dealer would be a major PITA because of where I live and work so that's also a factor for me which wouldn't apply to others.

My local garage noticed that my rear wiring loom for the Hybrid system is quite corroded which was impressive seeing as it's not part of a normal service.  They said that it may never cause an issue but if it did then they would be prepared to fix it for me rather than having my pants pulled down at a Lexus Dealer!

• Like 1

Might be an idea just to get the health check done before it is 10 years old - that way you are covered for another 12 months.

Then going forward just do regular servicing via your independent.

RX Battery problems are limited - the worse are the GS450Hs

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links