Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bringing my 2008 IS250 into up to date

Bongo

6 minutes ago, Billnick said:

Certainly does, thank you v much.

Final question (sorry), do you LED puddle lights fade in and out like the halogens do as standard? Or did adding LEDs mean they are now on and off only?

Yep, fade in and out just like the old standard ones 😀😀

On 9/6/2019 at 4:59 PM, Bongo said:

Yep, fade in and out just like the old standard ones 😀😀

Do you have a link to the bulbs which you bought so I know they are dimmable? Not all LED are dimmable

Infact, if you wouldn't mind, PM me links to your logo door lights, boot struts and bulb upgrades please?

Thanks

Billy

• 10 months later...
25 minutes ago, Matt1280 said:

I've been looking for one of those

I have been looking for ages myself, I stumbled across it on Facebook, paid £25 for it, not sure if that is cheap, but as you know, they don't often come up for sale, so I grabbed it 😁

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2019 at 6:59 PM, Bongo said:

So in September last year I became the proud owner of a 2008 IS250, I love the car, it is a joy to drive and puts a smile on my face every time I travel in it.

Over the last few months I have set about modifying and replacing parts here and there, so this is a description of what I have done so far

Replaced all the LED's in the interior, going to replace the door mirror puddle bulbs when the weather is a little warmer

Replaced the boot gas struts as they were on the way out

Installed the Vland rear lights, what a difference they make to the car, brings the rear end bang up to date

Replaced the door puddle lights with LED Lexus logo

Finally, I had my interior trim pieces hydro dipped from the red/brown look to a black woodgrain the film is "Lexus woodgrain" which is supposed to be based on the modern Lexus cars, I really like the look it has given the car, it goes nicely with the black leather and trim, I have attached a few pictures of some of the work, let me know what you think.

20190130_172813.jpg

20181028_195433.jpg

20181202_122121.jpg

20190130_111201.jpg

20190130_140612.jpg

20190130_143250.jpg

20190130_143258.jpg

Thinking of doing the same on my car. How has it held up so far? 

29 minutes ago, zoricib said:

Thinking of doing the same on my car. How has it held up so far? 

Very well, I have had no issues with it, it certainly made the interior look more up to date, if it is done correctly, then you should not have any problems

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Jamescokell said:

Hello Mate, where did you get the parts for this? easy installation?

Hi James, I got them from here https://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/lexus/is/filter/2007 and was an easy install, just a few bolts, there a few youtube videos on how to install

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bongo said:

Hi James, I got them from here https://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/lexus/is/filter/2007 and was an easy install, just a few bolts, there a few youtube videos on how to install

Thank you sir. I'm taking a few tips from you on doing the same upgrades to my is250. 

3 minutes ago, Jamescokell said:

Thank you sir. I'm taking a few tips from you on doing the same upgrades to my is250. 

No problem, glad I could help, we are good bunch on here, the members are always willing to help 😃