Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ventilated seats - Random Turning on

Hi. I have 2005 IS250 and during the last few days the ventilated seats start blowing air randomly (not very pleasant during cold morning drive to work). 

It happens almost every time I am turning the car on and sometimes can continue as long as I drive (other times it decides to stop after few minutes).

I can't control the ventilators with the controls on the central console. If I turn the controls towards heating it heats up and blows air at the same time. It always does it on both seats simultaneously.

Any suggestions what could it be?

I have just installed a GROM VLine V2 infotainment system into my IS250 to bring it bang upto date ie with Apps like Google Maps (with Voice input) and Spotify.

while I had the centre consul trim off I took the car for a spin to ensure all was working fine ( sat nav etc) and noticed that if the connections to the rear of the centre consul are disconnected then the seat blowers are constantly flat out and when connected they behave! 

So I suggest that you remove centre consul trim ( very easy job!) and check that the black connector is securely in the seat heater switch module.

Connector is shown at 0:47 in this Video

paul m.

• Like 1