Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I nearly purchased an RX400 seemingly a good price low milage. 79k

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-rx-400-h/1325864041

Did an HPI, Declared total write off in 2014. You would think this would be criminal.

Andrew

• Like 1

Good that you did an HPI check but that link now shows 404 Page Not Found. Can you put the reg number up for info?

EDIT: forget that Andrew, it's now alright and I can see the plate which looks like YS08 DLA possibly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Good that you did an HPI check but that link now shows 404 Page Not Found. Can you put the reg number up for info?

EDIT: forget that Andrew, it's now alright and I can see the plate which looks like YS08 DLA possibly?

From the Government website for MOT checks and history here :

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

with this reg: YS08OLN please note the third symbol is ZERO and the fifth the letter O

It seems like RX450h and this is RX400h. Not sure what is going on. The best is to report the gumtree ad if you think this car is not genuine.

• Like 1

The reg number is: YS08OLN

I actually drove the car and agreed a price, It drives/looks really good.

I just cannot believe that people can sell this without declaring it is a write off and not be subject to prosecution. I nearly lost my monies.

Always without exception do a HPI.

Andrew

23 minutes ago, Andre2000 said:

The reg number is: YS08OLN

I actually drove the car and agreed a price, It drives/looks really good.

I just cannot believe that people can sell this without declaring it is a write off and not be subject to prosecution. I nearly lost my monies.

Always without exception do a HPI.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Did you read my previous post with regards the MOT history? DVLA got the car as RX450h and MOT's looks OK and low miles. It might have been a write off and repaired. But I think they need to declare that and show documents for the repairs.

It's not illegal but it is being economical with the truth.  That's the good thing about the Autotrader website/app in that it will show if a car has been a total loss and what category it was.  Maybe that's why this car was advertised on Gumtree instead!  That said always do your own checks for insurance loss and outstanding finance regardless of which site the car is advertised on.

As long as it's been professionally repaired then there will be no safety issues but being written off does affect it's value after being put back on the road.  Did the HPI report say it was a 400 or 450?

• Like 1

On the HPI it states RX400.

I did notice that the discription was copied and pasted from somewhere. The seller had no V5 and was allegedly awaiting a new one in a day or 2. This was a red flag so refused to depart with a deposit. We settled  on £7300 although I had monies for a deposit, I thought a HPI check was the next sensible step.

I really hope one one falls for this scam.

Andrew

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links