Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tahara seats. Any good?

DanD

I'd be interested to hear the views of owners with regards to the Tahara upholstery. I believe that the CT was the first car in which this type of upholstery was fitted, although it appears that it is now fitted to newer models such as the ES.

- How does it compare to leather?
- Is it comfortable? (what is it like in the heat of summer and in cold weather?)
- Is it easy to maintain?
- Any issues with stretching and tearing?

Thanks!

It's probably very similar to the material that Tesla use in their vehicles (being from california where leather is a dirty word they offer no real leather at all anymore) and what Mercedes use (artico).

Yes, had them in my last CT. I think it had stretched slightly in the 30k miles of drivers seat use but only very slightly around the bolsters on the seat base.

Better feeling in cold temperatures than leather. I'd have opted for them again but you can't get it with the electric 8 way adjustment. Easy to maintain, just vacuum cleaned. Probably not so good if you have children (sticky sweets and muddy boots).

I had them in my CT three years ago. They are not as nice as leather, not as soft. But are more practical than cloth. Easy to clean with a damp cloth. I didn't have the car long enough to see if they sag or not but the leather in my IS is starting to sag after 30,000 miles.

I prefer real leather but the Tahara is better than cloth or velour. I didn't notice them being cold. I don't think my CT had heated seats.

Thanks all for your comments. Sounds like it's a reasonable alternative. I had noticed that Japanese cars very rarely have leather in them, but never realised why. Now I know!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links