Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Map update DVD for 2014 RX450H

I updated my 2011 when I bought it around Oct/ Nov 2017 to the latest 2017 maps/ software.

Mine had to be done by the dealer from a USB stick and cost around £160 including a "free" Hybrid system check.

I am not left handed but find the mouse controls ok to use with left hand and something you get used to inputting post codes etc.

I prefer this inbuilt SatNav to my former Tomtom as its a lot faster to reroute if you miss a turning and a lot bigger and clearer screen when driving.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:44 AM, flookyk said:

I updated my 2011 when I bought it around Oct/ Nov 2017 to the latest 2017 maps/ software.

Mine had to be done by the dealer from a USB stick and cost around £160 including a "free" Hybrid system check.

I am not left handed but find the mouse controls ok to use with left hand and something you get used to inputting post codes etc.

I prefer this inbuilt SatNav to my former Tomtom as its a lot faster to reroute if you miss a turning and a lot bigger and clearer screen when driving.

£160 is a real bargain, my local main dealer has just quoted me £384!

• Like 1

For £160 you could buy a phone, a cheap PAYG sim, a phone holder, install Waze and be kept up to date and better directed in real time better than any car more than a couple of years old. Plus, you'd have enough left over to buy all the data you'd need for a few years.

11 hours ago, Prince Bob said:

£160 is a real bargain, my local main dealer has just quoted me £384!

Did that quote you have include a figure for labour?

If so how much?

I have just had a look at my invoice and it was £133.33 +VAT for the upgrade with nothing charged for labour and included a hybrid check and car washed. RMB Lexus (Teesside)

For me as my eyes are telling me I am getting older (reading glasses) the bigger screen of the built in Satnav is better than using a mobile phone Satnav.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flookyk said:

Did that quote you have include a figure for labour?

If so how much?

I have just had a look at my invoice and it was £133.33 +VAT for the upgrade with nothing charged for labour and included a hybrid check and car washed. RMB Lexus (Teesside)

For me as my eyes are telling me I am getting older (reading glasses) the bigger screen of the built in Satnav is better than using a mobile phone Satnav.

The quote didn't separate parts and labour it was from Lexus Woodford

Can you ask them how much of that is for labour?

RMB Lexus up here did not charge anything because once the upgrade is started (can take a couple of hours) they can just walk away and leave it.

4 hours ago, flookyk said:

RMB Lexus up here did not charge anything because once the upgrade is started (can take a couple of hours) they can just walk away and leave it.

I've always found RMB Lexus Teesside an excellent dealership to deal with. 

On 2/19/2020 at 7:30 AM, flookyk said:

I questioned the original quote which was ridiculous and asked about the labour. I received the following reply.

'There are a few different methods of updating the navigation which varied between vehicle spec’s and ages however most updates are usually around £230.00 to carry out.'

1 hour ago, Prince Bob said:

I questioned the original quote which was ridiculous and asked about the labour. I received the following reply.

'There are a few different methods of updating the navigation which varied between vehicle spec’s and ages however most updates are usually around £230.00 to carry out.'

Clearly Lexus Woodford are staffed by expertert sales people determined to win your custom, having previously quoted you "my local main dealer has just quoted me £384! "

The next thing they'll do is "Make you an offer you can't refuse" (which may or may not involve an horses head on your pillow!

• 8 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 12:12 PM, Hangie said:

Update or not depends if you got any problems with your current maps.

In my case where I'm driving to Poland often map from 2012 was horrible as since then few hundred km of new motorways were build. In the UK there is no so much new roads in general. Only update I've noticed is new Luton airport approach but for sure there is many new developments added etc.

If you want to upgrade do as myself with few other GS owners and buy from there: https://toyotamaps.online/map-updates/toyota-lexus-navigation-gen7-update

Just double check your sat nav gen. You will also need to have 64GB USB drive. Maps are coming from some dealership in Russia and are legal. There is no labour cost as you will need to update by yourself. 

PS. I also like mouse pointer. Touch screen is MK3 GS and dial in Honda Accord were also nice. Maybe I'm just not too picky.

Krzysztofie powiedz jaki masz model auta bo kupilem to do mojego GS300h 2014r i nie dziala....

Surveys show that the majority of drivers don't like the 'jumping mouse' way of operating the Sat Nav but I would have tolerated it if A it was reliable and B could be updated at little or no cost.  It fails on both counts.  In the circumstances,  I made a platform to take myTomTom 6200 located on the dash just to t
he right of the steering wheel.  This is a little smaller than the inset Lexus one but makes up for this in being closer to straight ahead sight line.  It has free regularly updated maps and speed cameras and more.  It doesn't obscure or restrict any vents or controls and because of the magnetic holder it can be easily detached when required.  But it's so much more reliable than the Lexus one I have proved over roads I know well; maps are good on a mobile phone and ideal if you are finding your way as a pedestrian.  However, I have an Iphone XSMax, one of the largest mobile phones and it is much more difficult to read the maps than on the TomTom, particularly as a glance when driving. I

Well you pays your money and makes your choice but although my solution took more time to make and install a suitable mount than when it more easily fitted to the dash of my BMW, I find it's infinitely better than the Lexus or mobile phone solution. 

802469232_IMG_1205.JPG009.thumb.JPG.603178eb43b0442d4333936db8565609.JPG

• Like 1