Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

a couple of minor niggles

Superjim82

Morning All, 

Hope everyone is enjoying the snow/ice in the car! 

i'm fairly new to the lexus brand (68 plate 200h Plus) and despite much research in the handbook, a couple of things still have me stumped. Namely:

1) Parking sensor volume- when radio is at a reasonable level, struggle to hear the parking sensor beeps?Previous cars normally auto turn down the volume? is this not the case for Lexus?

2) Sat Nav volume- as above, radio seems to have to be down low to hear directions etc

3) Wiper sensitivity- initial start up, wipers don't seem to clear rain on windscreen, effectively have to disengage auto mode and then reengage? Also, random/sporadic activation of auto wipers (aware this can be to dirt etc on sensor, however even after a clean, wipers still seem temperamental)

any advice/guidance would be much appreciated! 

TIA  

1. In the menu, vehicle settings, park assist. Change the alert volume (page 303 of the manual). I don't think it turns the radio down but I've never found the beeps are drowned out.

2. As above, in the menu you can adjust the voice volume. Page 409 in the version of the handbook I have.

3. Don't leave it on auto when parking up, especially in winter conditions. If the blades are frozen it can activate when you start the car and damage the motor/blow the fuse. Treat it like auto intermittent speed, not something to leave on even when it is dry.

Colin has summarised 1 and 2 well.

In terms of 3, the wipers sometimes do randomly go off in certain conditions but its not something that should happen often. Reduce sensitivity in that case just to see. 

I find it mostly wipes sporadically when there's unusual lighting outdoors. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links