Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h fsport reverse camera

Hi everyone,

New to this forum but on my third Is series, having previously driven is200 sport, then is220d.

Ordered a new is300h f sport in september last year and upon recent collection at the dealership noticed there was no reversing camera.  I thought the camera was fitted as standard as it shows in 2018 brochure across the range from executive to premier. I appreciate you could upgrade to bigger nav screen and leather etc by choosing the plus pack or premier pack. Obviously gutted but car did look great in mercury grey . Dealer says it not standard so kind of in dispute, which is a major bummer. Was given courtesy car in interim. My question is essentially -is the camera standard on f sport base trim for 2018. If anyone can assist with this or has any similar knowledge or experience i'd be extremely grateful

thanks in advance for any help

S

Pretty certain it is and always has been standard on the f sport model.

Shows it as standard in the brochure from Jan2018. https://forms.lexus.co.uk/EBrochures/Lexus_IS_e-brochure.pdf

Shows as standard in the press pack details https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/files_mf/1545308539181220DM1ISequiplistWLTP.pdf

was it a new factory order? 

Thanks for the reply Steve, Yep was new order -placed order with dealership in September 18 expected delivery in December actually came into dealership mid January, so lead time was a bit longer than expected which would be factory build and shipped.

just trying to gather some evidence to support our position at this point.

cheers mate

I think I know what’s happened.

Youve got a new 2019MY F Sport. If you have a look at the current price list here, https://forms.lexus.co.uk/EBrochures/Lexus_PriceList_e-brochure.pdf , you’ll see that they’ve revised the spec of the IS, reduced the trim range and added option packs. All of the packs contain the rear view camera, it appears it’s no longer standard on any model. The brochures, the website, the press packs, even the dealers haven’t been communicated about what is happening yet.

I think you’ve got a great case to reject the car, as they’ve changed the spec drastically without informing you.

Just rung my dealer as ordered one 2 weeks ago , believed camera was std based on brochure given etc. Waiting for their response but initial thought is i would need to add a pack....not happy so if that's the case i will look at rejecting the car.

I agree with the above - it looks like you’ve got the new MY2019 spec. 

However as the brochure currently available to download from the Lexus website has the old spec (Jan 2018) which clearly shows the camera is standard for F-Sport, I’d be rejecting the car. Personally I wouldn’t want a car without a camera. Every car I’ve owned for over 10 years has had one. 

The dealer won’t want to budge as it’s going to cost them.  I’d try phoning Lexus GB and explain the car has been mis-sold as it doesn’t meet the spec as advertised.  I don’t even know if the 2019 specs were out at the time you ordered the car in September??

On a related note: I’m starting to get fed up with the Lexus options lists. How can a camera be optional on a £30k car when it’s now standard on most Toyota Aygo models. Keyless/Smart entry is another to watch - becoming more of an option with Lexus but again my wife’s Aygo has it. 😤

Thanks for the responses, everyone. What you suggest does ring true, but at no time were we informed of any change of specification by the dealer. It was literally when i put the car in reverse (still in handover garage)that it became apparent and everyone's reaction was one of surprise. As an update, we have been in touch with lexus uk and they are checking for details  with dealership. Got to say feel like We were mis-sold and will post any developements that may benefit any people who find themselves in a similar predicament.

Thanks again 

That is plain crazy - the website https://www.lexus.co.uk/car-models/is/prices-and-specifications/# has the various grades such as Executive, Advance etc. with a specification and yet when you download the price list doc from the page it is totally different specs. To be collecting a car last month from the dealer built for you with the website still showing something completely different for someone looking to order today is just madness. Someone at Lexus UK is clearly not on the ball and you have every right to be extremely annoyed unless they gave you the full details of the specs the car would be built to when you placed the order - I would be livid. A case for mis-selling? If you get no joy from Lexus UK (who have clearly screwed up with the website and maybe the brochures, but haven't seen those) I would be off to Trading Standards...

• Like 1

my advice would be to take screen shots from the website so you can prove the advertised specs for the car you bought

just in case they update the website

27 minutes ago, 200h said:

my advice would be to take screen shots from the website so you can prove the advertised specs for the car you bought

just in case they update the website

The Legal page on the website has multiple "get out" clauses which basically say what is on there may well be wrong and only the sales contract signed with the dealer is binding - but of course that raises the question of in which document is the spec of the car being bought fully detailed. It's not something I have given much thought to on the past when buying a new car but this thread will certainly make me think again! 

Guess it depends on whether the OP signed for what he believed or was told was a 2018MY or 2019MY.

If it is a factory order, the dealer should be aware of changes to MY in construction, though might not know the exact spec of said model.

Personally I’ve been in this position a couple of times, but always lucked out with improved spec rather major things deleted.

I think Lexus UK have ballsed up here as they are trying to mod the specs of the various models to fit the new ES and UX into the lineup, whilst making sure that the pricing seems sensible. The IS was too close to the ES pricing so they’ve devalued the IS some. What I dont understand is why the various brochures, website etc haven’t been updated yet despite cars having been built and now arriving at dealers.

The OP isnt the only person affected, Lexus Newcastle said to me they had stopped placing IS orders last year until the spec was confirmed as they had a customer in a similar situation who rejected the car on delivery as it had changed radically.