Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys. hope someone can help

A few weeks ago the front passenger side indicator on my IS250 stopped working, This lasted for about 2 days then started working again, Today it has stopped working again. I am assuming its not the bulb as if it had blown it wouldn't have started working again. I'm guessing maybe a bad connection somewhere but not really got a clue where to start. Anyone got any ideas? has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks Vince

Obviously it's not the fuse for that circuit or 90% of the wiring as the other two indicators are working. So Have to start with the lamp ( bulbs Grow and lamps glow!) in that position because if it is a 'filiment' type lamp it does have the possibility of failing and then working again. This is because if the broken filiment manages to remake again ( quite possible in a moving vehicle going over speed humps for example!) then the lamp will appear to be good and work! But it is unlikely to last very long, having said that indicators are only actually ON for 50% of the time they are used!!!!!!

paul m.

Thanks for reply Paul. Would you know if its true that to get at the front indicator lamp that the front bumper has to come off? I'm sure I've seen something along those lines somewhere. If true that obviously makes it a very time consuming thing to fix. Would you happen to have any tips on doing this as the owners manual says consult dealer for changing this lamp,

I think because you have to remove trim,covers,air filter box and washer bottles etc the manual states Dealer Only.

I personally have not done one but check this IS220 post, not a million miles different I guess?

Paul m.

Found this on the US Lexus owners club.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/755501-changing-front-turn-signals.html

it is not a daunting job as you may think. If you have parking sensors or ACC then there may be more electrical connections than shown here.