Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus owner.

lazzlo amundo

Iv'e just bought myself a 1993 lexus ls400,,what a lovely motor.It's got a few issues to sort out like a crack in the bumper at the very bottom on the near side,the radio doesen't work but iv'e not checked the fuse yet.So i just thought i'd say hello and i look forward to learning from all you lexus owners,i love my lexus.Cheers all.

Welcome to the LOC. Remember to check the power steering pump for leaks. If it leaks (and it may not) it'll drip onto the alternator and destroy it. My very first Lexus was a 93 LS400, I had it for five years, a brilliant car!

Welcome to the fold fella, it's great that you are taking on this 'old girl' and gonna tackle the little niggles that the previous owner let slide, gives the car a little boost every time it changes hands.

paul m.

Cheers fellas.I only bought it last tuesday,i took it out for my first drive yesterday.Brand new Battery,engine and box are really smooth,a lovely drive.Then the engine started to loose power and it came to a stop,flat Battery.AA time,he fitted a doner Battery to get me home.The altinator is shot,i'm going to order a new one tomorrow.My lexus has only done 100,000 mile,but it has been stood for 5 years.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Welcome to the LOC. Remember to check the power steering pump for leaks. If it leaks (and it may not) it'll drip onto the alternator and destroy it. My very first Lexus was a 93 LS400, I had it for five years, a brilliant car!

I can't see any leaks,the power steering isn't smooth and feels a little stiff.When driving along the steering wheel isn't level,it's nearly virtical and i can't see my speedo.I haven't got a workshop manual,all the ones on eBay are way to expensive for me.