Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Cam positioning

eastman7

☺️Having recently acquired my new CT200h I am keen to fit a new dash cam having let my last one stay with my BMW I traded in, that cam I fitted close to the censers controlling main beam, windscreen,etc, would fitting the new one in a similar place cause any problems as there is a lot more technology on the windscreen on my new car. Any advice would most helpfull. 

Kind Regards

27 minutes ago, colin79666 said:

It costs a bit but Lexus now do a dealer fitted kit: https://www.easternwestern.co.uk/lexus/accessories/dash-cam.php

Way overpriced in my opinion.

The video below is by a guy who's done dozens and dozens of dashcam reviews (as well as other tech) and this is what he decided on for use in his own car (there's also a single one for about £80). Easy DIY in about 15 minutes for the front (rear takes a bit longer) or any auto-electrician will do both for about £50.

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my post regarding dash cam positioning, main dealer price to fit one is very high, it's possible to do the whole setup including hard wiring to less than £60, the hardest part is getting to the fuse box, and then finding somewhere to earth the camera.

• 1 month later...

Just behind the rearview mirror so it's not obstructing your view would be best. You have to be careful where abouts you place it because I read somewhere that it can be illegal if you place it somewhere where it really obviously obstructs your view. It's probably best to place it slightly out of view anyway because if you have a more expensive dash cam then thieves might even try to break into your car just to take it. The same can be said even with cheaper dash cams really though, all are good and useful pieces of tech really. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links