Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wifi connection

Hi 

I have an issue that is not at the point where I want to fix it.  

For ages I had my mobile phones connected to Bluetooth and wifi.

Then I got a Samsung S8 and it has been a pain in the neck.  Initially I did get everything connected. Then after some update to the phone, wifi stopped connecting.

Bluetooth still works and I use that but I still want to get the wifi side working.

OK so I enable wifi tethering. 

The car can see the phone/wifi ID

It trys to connect and eventually fails.

I have tried many times to delete the connection, rename the wifi ID, change the password for tethering on the phone and get the car to re-scan for devices.

Every time I can get the two talking but the car just won't connect.  ( I do think its the phone and not the car). 

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, Steve44 said:

You shouldn't connect Bluetooth and wifi at the same time, performance will be unpredictable, usually it's one or the other.  As jbi507 says, connect using Bluetooth, enable tethering on the phone and then everything will work fine.

I have similar issues with my IS300 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8... Whichever cable (Samsung official, or cheap third party one) I use, the phone says it cannot transfer data via USB.

To get around this, I set up my Wifi Hotspot - and the car found that OK and I was using that for connected services - but I have noticed that the car keeps dropping the Phone/Audio/Bluetooth connection (sometimes in mid call) and then restarts the connection seconds later.

Incidentally, the only way I could get the car to connect to the wifi hotspot was to leave the phone on the phone screen where you turn on the hot spot - don't go back to the main home screen...