Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello members,

Now that I've purchased a 2003 Black LS430, I'd like to ask members what upgrades I can do to give it a slight modern touch.

I abhor double dins, spoilers, lowered suspensions, intense window tints or any sort of non-factory look upgrade.  I'd want to be as close to factory as possible.

I can only think of upgrading the lighting...

Anything else..???

1 hour ago, Abid221 said:

Hello members,

Now that I've purchased a 2003 Black LS430, I'd like to ask members what upgrades I can do to give it a slight modern touch.

I abhor double dins, spoilers, lowered suspensions, intense window tints or any sort of non-factory look upgrade.  I'd want to be as close to factory as possible.

I can only think of upgrading the lighting...

Anything else..???

Well you'd hate my back windows then, being an import they're very dark!  Something I did to mine (due to some nocturnal creatures chewing it three times) was to replace the roof antenna with a shark fin. It works well, very subtle, but looks like it belongs.

I think you need to supercharge it with the blower sticking out of the bonnet. Just cut a rough hole with your angle grinder and it'll be reet.  While you're at it, cut two slots either side of the blower hole and turn your exhaust manifolds upside down. 

The next logical step, of course, would be to weld the diff up. Be sure to put decent oil in to make sure it can cope with extra power and torque from your 'charger. 

That'll do you for a bit, but you may get a bit bored of the auto shifting so a good move to consider would be a manual Supra gearbox. 

Don't forget to remove your interior (Battery disconnected first so the airbags don't go off). You're only going to want the driver's seat in, realistically. That's a lot of weight saved. Swapping the glass to perspex will also offer a good weight saving. There'll be no point having a stereo as the upturned manifolds will give you enough enjoyment for the lobes. 

Any questions, just ask. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daveyboy20 said:

I think you need to supercharge it with the blower sticking out of the bonnet. Just cut a rough hole with your angle grinder and it'll be reet.  While you're at it, cut two slots either side of the blower hole and turn your exhaust manifolds upside down. 

The next logical step, of course, would be to weld the diff up. Be sure to put decent oil in to make sure it can cope with extra power and torque from your 'charger. 

That'll do you for a bit, but you may get a bit bored of the auto shifting so a good move to consider would be a manual Supra gearbox. 

Don't forget to remove your interior (battery disconnected first so the airbags don't go off). You're only going to want the driver's seat in, realistically. That's a lot of weight saved. Swapping the glass to perspex will also offer a good weight saving. There'll be no point having a stereo as the upturned manifolds will give you enough enjoyment for the lobes. 

Any questions, just ask. 

And fit an old NSU ****el engine !

1 hour ago, Daveyboy20 said:

Don't forget to remove your interior (battery disconnected first so the airbags don't go off). You're only going to want the driver's seat in, realistically. That's a lot of weight saved. Swapping the glass to perspex will also offer a good weight saving. There'll be no point having a stereo as the upturned manifolds will give you enough enjoyment for the lobes. 

Any questions, just ask. 

Nice one Daveboy.. Lol

Well I couldn't help but put this sticker on. I feel it really belongs.

IMG-20190203-WA0002.jpg

• Haha 1

I have done this so far. 

20” wheels

cat back exhaust with 4” chrome tips

tints 35% back and 50 fronts

carbon roof spoiler 

wind deflectors heko 

chrome stickers on side window LS430 

8000k hid bulbs

LED fog light bulbs

LED side lights