Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Central Locking

Lexus Personal Settings is what you want, Dealer option or with use of TechStream Software connected to car OBD port, see below for some options.

Paul m.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, EuroFighter said:

Hi All,

I have a 2006 IS250 SE-L.

I'd like the car to lock automatically (central locking) after I start driving and if possible, unlock when I put the car into Park.

Is this possible? 

Thanks

I believe there is something in owners manual covers this. Plenty on u tube also.

7 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

I believe there is something in owners manual covers this. Plenty on u tube also.

Hi.

Manual doesn't give me any options to do it myself. The back of the manual refers to dealer settings that can be altered. However, it doesn't mention automatic Central locking 

16 minutes ago, Texas said:

Lexus Personal Settings is what you want, Dealer option or with use of TechStream Software connected to car OBD port, see below for some options.

Paul m.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Amazing! This is what I needed. I'll have Lexus do this when the car is in for an oil service next. Thanks!!

• Haha 1

Related to this, is there some sort of failsafe that unlocks the doors in (say) the case of an accident, and the car is still in Drive (ie not in Park)? Does the car detect this and unlock all the doors for safety/escape purposes ? 

I had a WiFi OBD port device and it would not connect to car using TechStream so in the end got one of these to work. 

eBay item no 112063076459 ( Not sold by me or anyone I know! )

Paul m.

I'm fairly sure that those lock / unlock options are from the US IS250 Manual.

US spec cars appear to have different firmware, they're certainly not mentioned in the UK spec manual.

When I programmed a new key for my 2007 IS250 I also had a good prowl around in Techstream and couldn't find any trace of those options.

Andrew

I asked my dealer to do these option and they told me my car cannot be programmed - I just thought they were too lazy or too embarrassed to charge £200 for simple config. Because, I used to have same "personalised" settings list for IS250 UK model from 2005 and it gives these as an option to be configured by the dealer... so it is kind of mystery - can it be done or can't it.

US and UK vehicles have very different personalisation settings. The list provided in this thread is a US list.

Carista or similar would list the options available to your vehicle. If it isn't listed, the firmware doesn't support it. Auto locking seems to be one of those features that comes and goes with different years with no consistency across different Lexus models.