Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just gone to fill the car up with fuel and the fuel door didn’t open.manged to get it open with the emergency pull cord in the boot.just looked outside the house now the release button is working but it’s the actual door is not springing open.i have taken a photo of the door open not sure if the spring is missing or broke or slipped of can anybody help 

F29F570D-2588-4289-ADF7-DCED987323C5.jpeg

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

There is a little metal spring on the hinge that pops the door open. Provided it wasn't iced up it may have snapped.

I believe the part code is 77360-21010. Do a google image search for a picture.

Thanks for the reply just had a google search with the part No and it does show up with Toyota spring.but all are showing in America.just had a quick look on eBay/amazon and nothing,so a trip to the dealers Now I know what is missing.it must have snapped coz it was all ok when I fill up last time.thanks again Colin 

Same thing happened to mine. Lexus Wolverhampton fitted a new clip for free whilst my car was in for a service.

Before it was fixed I had to simultaneously pull the cord in the boot and press the fuel door with my other hand to open it.