Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

diy headlamp cleaning kit

Don't know if this info is of any use  ................  Aldi, this week are having their limited edition stocks of the above kit for £5.99  :whistling:

Malc

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greer said:

Is this something for the external area of the lens, mine is sort of unclear, a bit yellowish, '99LS 400

Yes, the yellowing is caused by oxidation of the outer layer of the plastic lens, so you basically sand the oxidation off and then seal with UV-resistant top coat.

The kit is essentially this by the looks of it 

As Herbie points out, if you don't seal the lens after polishing it will just cloud again. 

No you don't have to remove the lamp.

• Like 1

If it's anything like the AG kit using the drill attachment it's totally terrifying. When the lenses are quite opaque you think "OMG. What have I done?" but as you use the fine paper they get better and better. Transformed my old V70.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

If it's anything like the AG kit using the drill attachment

It's not. It only has small pieces of sandpaper for use by hand so I don't think it'll do as good a job as the 3M or other kits meant for use with drills.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine on the proviso it would get through an MoT and the cloudy headlights were flagged up on there even when it passed.

I used the 3M headlight restoration kit on mine which I did a while ago and then ordered the 3M clear coat wipes which I finally got around to doing yesterday and they have really finished the job off nicely.

The headlight restoration kits are great for just sprucing older cars up a bit 

20190223_173612.jpg

20181020_125027.jpg

20190223_173634.jpg

• Like 3