Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I just use replacement rubbers and up until now they have been Toyota/Lexus rubbers and awfully expensive.

BUT they have lasted 3 years / 40k miles UNTIL NOW ........  I replaced the last set in May and quite frankly they aren't up to the mark .........  I think they are now probably very old stock and deteriorated on the shelf

Having to replace them at the next service / MOT in May and I will use my indy's simple cheap replacement rubbers and change them every year or so ....  and at a fraction of the @£25 price from the Main Dealer :rolleyes:

Malc

Aero Blades are good and cheap but you may need to slightly mod the Drivers side to get it to fit. Also the passenger side may need a bit of a shave so it doesn't touch the bonnet - from memory. Last replaced two years ago and still clearing the screen nicely.

Yep, I use replacement cut to length rubbers (slide into existing wiper), cheap from local car part store. My main bug bare is they ALL seem to squeak these days which is highly irritating on a long drive in the rain. Are expensive ones silent? if so I might have to bite the bullet.

From my experience squeaky blades due to build up of film on the screen, could be oil from the road, or rubber lefft from a blade starting to break up.

Current blades fitted by garage 3 yearsa ago have been fine up until these last few weeks.  I think they were usual standard cheapie replacements.

I find cleaning screen with isoproyl alchohol helps for a while. I suspect new blades are better at removing gunk from screen, though should give the blades a good wipe now and again to help.

So theres one of my jobs for the weekend.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links