Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Once again its MOT time again and she passed with two advisories front discs and pads need replacing. Parts ordered and they are being done next week. Only 7k miles done since the last MOT I love my Lexi.

• Like 4

I can see that MOT time is gonna be a lot less stressful now I got a Lexus unlike Years gone by with Fords & Vauxhall's. I still got a Mondeo to nurse through it every year but that's more of a challenge than a necessity.

paul m.

• Like 1

Don't worry Tex you only need find a tester on a bad day and even a new car gets failed, I reckon they have a list of most likely problems to fail you on at given mileages, I've an 02 bike passes every year without fail because I stand there and anything he brings up I shoot down as I'm always on top of maintenance.

• Like 1

I have only just got over my outrage from last year when they flagged up a defective brake light on my 2000 Mk 4.

Another year on and who knows what they might flag up?

I could be looking down the barrel of a two figure sum in order to get it through .

Is it worth it, I ask myself?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moonraker58 said:

I could be looking down the barrel of a two figure sum in order to get it through .

but I think light bulbs really do cost more than 99p these days :whistling:

Malc

On 2/7/2019 at 4:22 PM, Hazzo said:

Don't worry Tex you only need find a tester on a bad day and even a new car gets failed, I reckon they have a list of most likely problems to fail you on at given mileages, I've an 02 bike passes every year without fail because I stand there and anything he brings up I shoot down as I'm always on top of maintenance.

We live in a small village and its the local village garage that has serviced all the families cars for the last 30 years. They are totally trustworthy in all their dealings and you get 30 days to pay the bill. Where are they? Sorry, he already has more customers than he can deal with. He retires in a few years, goodness only knows what we will do then.

"" goodness only knows what we will do then. ""

At MOT time Pace up and down, biting your nails and praying to whatever godly figure works for you like the rest of us......

cheers paul m.

• Haha 1

Anyone remember that Woody Allen film ,"The Sleeper " ,where he is frozen and thawed out 200 years from now.

He finds a VW Beetle in a cave covered in dust,he reaches inside and turns the key,and it starts first time.

I always get the feeling that you could do that to a LS 400!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, moonraker58 said:

Anyone remember that Woody Allen film ,"The Sleeper " ,where he is frozen and thawed out 200 years from now.

He finds a VW Beetle in a cave covered in dust,he reaches inside and turns the key,and it starts first time

I've quoted that scene more than once for the benefit of people too young to have seen the film first time round. Nowadays I suspect that a lot of people don't fully get the joke. The point was that most cars were unreliable and often wouldn't start. The Beetle by contrast was renowned for its reliability. Owners knew that even 200 years later it would start first time.

She had her new discs and pads fitted all round today and I had forgotten just how good the brakes were as the new ones make it feel I was throwing out an anchor to slow down before, now I just have to think brake and she brakes quickly with all the confidence of a brand new Lexus. I love my Lexi.

• Like 2