Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice and possible favour.

Hi all,

After some advise and thoughts please.

Why to pick my car up after a non fault claim and the repair was shockingly bad. Garage agreed, but did seem a bit fob offish. 

The only point the didn't agree on was the gapping bellowing the rear lights (to the rear bumper).  There is now a 3mm gap, I swear there was no gap before, and it's much worse on the left hand side (both rear quarters we pushed in, new bumper).  They said it's just plastic tolerance and it of their control.

Am I right to contest this?

Does anybody have images of their cars in this area, or be so kind to take and post.

Many thanks.

Darren

Ps I should have taken picture buy didn't, might drive past the garage tonight if it's still parked outside I'll take picture.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:59 PM, darrude said:

Hi all,

After some advise and thoughts please.

Why to pick my car up after a non fault claim and the repair was shockingly bad. Garage agreed, but did seem a bit fob offish. 

The only point the didn't agree on was the gapping bellowing the rear lights (to the rear bumper).  There is now a 3mm gap, I swear there was no gap before, and it's much worse on the left hand side (both rear quarters we pushed in, new bumper).  They said it's just plastic tolerance and it of their control.

Am I right to contest this?

Does anybody have images of their cars in this area, or be so kind to take and post.

Many thanks.

Darren

Ps I should have taken picture buy didn't, might drive past the garage tonight if it's still parked outside I'll take picture.

The car should be back to pre -accident  state. I am pretty sure that they can get it right if they are bothered. I know that when the rear of my IS was repaired the body shop (non Lexus) failed to refit the bumper correctly and it had to go back to be redone.

Well thank you all guys. It's still not perfect but loads better than it was so I have accepted the car now.  The Hari had fine from finger sized to maybe less than 1mm.  A bit annoying but glad to get my car back and things be back to normal.  

• Like 1

When our 1st RX went to the dealer for some repair work some years ago, the dealer postponed handing it back because they felt that the work was "below the standard expected of the Lexus brand". And it looked perfectly fine to me!

You should definitely contest this, and escalate to Lexus UK if you are not satisfied.