Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 RX350, impressions, interior lighting and Vaistech iPod now in

So on Day 3 the 12v Battery failed, and kudos to the 2 hour away Lexus Dealer at Croydon, they said 'buy a new one and send us the bill'. So I did :)

By Day 5 I am happy to say this is a superbly comfortable and spacious drive, so different from my now gone GS450h, and just as great a car. Am loving the fold down armrests :) So its 12 years old with 93k on the clock, and wow, does it feel well screwed together. Today I fitted the Vaistech MML I took from the GS450h, and now have my iPod and usb input back. And yes, I did lose the two 10mm bolts into the void but hey, life's too short. Have also updated the sat nav disc (the disc that came with the car was the one it had from new in 2006!!) and now have access to all buttons on the move.

Need to replace n/s screen washer jet as it just dribbles painfully and won't clear with a pin. A bit of a tidy up on the outside but interior is spotless, amazingly so given age and mileage.  Bought the car to do the NC500 road trip in March, not sure the GS would have been the right wheels for the trip he heh and happy to have done. I recentyl had the RXL 7 seater for a day, which was great fun. But this 350 is just class...

One question for RX experts. The switches for the mirror controls and fold in on the rh end of the dash unit, don't light up at night. All others do. Is this a fault or did this set of switches never light up?

Thanks in advance

Michael

• Like 1

I also had a problem with the washer jet on my 2008 Rx400h, this time on the offside. Searched the internet as to how to get the jets off the bonnet and it is really very easy. Take a couple of old cardboard business cards. Slide one under the front of the jet and one under the rear of the jet. Push in towards the centre of the jet, fold the edges of the cards upwards and lift. Hey presto the jet comes out without any damage to the paintwork. Pull out the jet so that you have access to the pipework. Pull off the plastic pipe by twisting. Under no circumstances let go of the pipe when it is off the jet or you will lose it down the hole in the bonnet. I just wrapped a bit of duct tape around it to prevent this happening.

Once off cleaning did nothing for the flow of liquid on the old jet so I purchased a new pair of jets off eBay for the princely sum of £4.99 delivered within two days. see here  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-UNIVERSAL-WINDSCREEN-WASHER-TWIN-JET-ANGLED-INLET-PUSH-FITTING-4MM-WWY3/151834720862?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Easily fitted and unlike the original jets the two outlets can be adjusted with a pin to get the spray pattern correct.

A very easy "do it yourself" job and at £4.99 a fraction of the cost that a garage would charge you----and I also have a spare jet in case the other one packs up

Edited by Lydiamight
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lydiamight said:

Easily fitted and unlike the original jets the two outlets can be adjusted with a pin to get the spray pattern correct.

A very easy "do it yourself" job and at £4.99 a fraction of the cost that a garage would charge you----and I also have a spare jet in case the other one packs up

Thanks Lydiamight, really helpful🙂. Have just ordered a set from the ebay link...